Start stop switch doesn't make noise on power off anymore?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjim

Lately I've noticed that my car doesn't make any noise when it turns off anymore. It used to make a chime upon power off. Sometimes my car will make the chime, most of the time it doesn't.

Has anyone else noticed this with their car?

mynameisjim said:
Lately I've noticed that my car doesn't make any noise when it turns off anymore. It used to make a chime upon power off. Sometimes my car will make the chime, most of the time it doesn't.

I have and no I haven't turned the chime off either. Sometimes it will chime and sometimes I push it and hear nothing, but the car does turn off. Your not alone. I've never had mine looked at though, not that big of deal to me.

I've noticed that if you quickly shift into gear and move off while the start up chime is playing, then there is no chime when you power off again after that, it's like it temporarily mutes the chime until next power on.

I changed my car to unlock the doors when putting it into park instead of at poweroff & I was just thinking that I was missing the sounds of the doors unlocking, but now that you mention it... There is something else missing.

I had a problem with CarWings, which resulted in the dealership reinstalling my software. They fixed the CarWings problem, but possibly caused this?

kdouglas said:
I've noticed that if you quickly shift into gear and move off while the start up chime is playing, then there is no chime when you power off again after that, it's like it temporarily mutes the chime until next power on.
Interesting. When I try to shift too early in the start-up sequence the car shifts to neutral, which can be a problem if parked on a hill (I learned to take my time when making the first shift). Perhaps Nissan adjusted start-up behavior on newer models.

mynameisjim said:

My car chimes when I turn it off. Does you car make a start-up sound? If not, you may have the sounds turned off.

You can adjust the start-up sound from the "Effects" menu on the dash: scroll through the dash displays until you hit the long menu then use the top right button to scroll down the list until you hit Effects. Top left button to enter. There are three choices of start-up sounds (on my 2012, at least) plus a fourth "off" option. Scroll down the list using the top right button and select your choice with the top left button. If you picked a new sound it will play for you. Repeat until you have the one you want. Sound 1 was the default on my LEAF when I got it and I kept it because I don't like the other sounds, nor do I want it to make no sound on start-up. [I expect that this stuff is in the manual but, if it is, I couldn't find it, so I decided to go into some detail.]

Suggestion: turn the start-up sound off using the Effects menu. Turn the car off, then turn it back on again. Use the Effects menu to turn the start-up sound back on again (pick whichever one you like). I will guess that the chime will now sound once again when you turn it off.

My 2¢.

I changed my car to unlock the doors when putting it into park instead of at poweroff

I didn't know I had a choice on this, and it's the behavior that I'd prefer. Ran out to the garage to change it, but couldn't find where to do this. Assuming that it's on one of the menus...???

Am I missing something? SV model, 2013 year.

jdunmyer said:
I changed my car to unlock the doors when putting it into park instead of at poweroff

I didn't know I had a choice on this, and it's the behavior that I'd prefer. Ran out to the garage to change it, but couldn't find where to do this. Assuming that it's on one of the menus...???

Am I missing something? SV model, 2013 year.

You can do it with Leaf Spy Pro. Ingineer had posted direction on how to do it by pressing buttons in the car, but I couldn't get that way to work.

BTW, I think I've narrowed the no shut down chime to it not playing when I hit the power button before putting the car in park.

Back