Vampire Drain Update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voganni

My 2013 vampire drain issue recurred in Mid April after an over 2 month hiatus. I thought my last reset with a 12 hour wait had solved the problem, but no. I lived with it until June 17 when I was able to get it to the dealer for the annual battery check, and to perform the two recalls I had received. I was armed with my new dc clamp meter and I could show the techs the culprit in action. About 800 ma drain, continuous. Interestingly, the same drain shows up at the brake unit wiring bundle! The dealer contacted Nissan, who were quite interested. There was also a brake backup power supply code present. I had felt for some time that this issue may have been related to the brakes. Well, everyone was scratching their heads, Nissan knows about the problem now and has seen it, but no solution is yet available. They authorized a new 12v battery (mine tested fine) which was installed. The service manager was very interested in the problem and offered to tow the car to the dealer (80 miles) if the problem occurs again. It will be a month on July 17..............

Back