Nissan saying front end clicking is normal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbciv

I posted on this a while back when I first noticed a clicking sound on acceleration and deceleration, as have many other posters. I heard that it was likely a CV joint issue and the dealer seemed to confirm, though never specifically stated what the problem was. I just went in for my fourth visit and was totally blown off by the Nissan corporate service advisor.

The first time I went in, they did the spline lube and it stopped. Started again about 800 miles later.
Second time, they added some support with bolts and washers and it stopped. Started again about 1000 miles later.
Third time, they replaced the entire hub assembly on both sides and it stopped. Started again about 1000 miles later.

Now, the dealer is telling me it is not the same noise (which it absolutely is), that it is the traction motor and that Nissan corporate says it is a normal sound, it is perfectly safe, and they will do no further service to the car.

I believe I am totally being blown off because this is the 4th time in and it now falls under our State's lemon law. I love my Leaf, but they know this is a problem and they are doing nothing to fix it.

Anyone else have new info on this problem?

Back