Trickle Charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinsell

I just got my LEAF two days ago. For whatever reason, I cannot get the trickle charge to work. The control panel on the cord says ready, the car display shows it is plugged in, I got the successful beep for plugging in, but it is not charging. There is no timer set. I have tried placing in Auto and Locked and nothing seems to work.

Help!

The "beeps" sound like what happens when I get a ground fault error on the ChargePoint EVSE's where I work; the car chirps when I plug the L1 attachment to the car, but nothing happens when I plug the 120V plug into the unit. Make sure you have a good (15-20 amp) circuit or try another outlet?

I believe the three blue charging indicator lights on the dash are capable of signalling charging errors (too lazy to RTFM right now to be sure). Are any of the blue lights flashing immediately after plugging in?

It also sounds like he was plugging the EVSE in first (to the car) then the 120 volt plug, to the wall. Would that even work? A ground error should have shown up on the EVSE as a red light, right?

Back