Tilt screen - broken?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joetesta

After getting a wash, the tilt screen has been left tilted. The previous few times I was able to get it back in by holding the "tilt" button for a few seconds. Only this time it goes flush and pops right back out again. It will not sit flush no matter what I've tried - tapping the button gets the screen to fully open / close (closed but with slight tilt at bottom). Holding the button for a few seconds gives me a couple different tilt angles but it will not stay in flush no matter how many times I try.
What else can I try, is it broken?
thanks in advance,
Joe

Did they clean interior as well? I recall some other folks had similar problems that cleared within a few days and they chalked it up to some spray cleaner getting into the unit.

yes they did the interior - and funny enough, when i got out of work today, it was finally in the flush vertical position!
I hadn't thought about spray but that makes some sense. Thanks a lot!
Joe

The screen has a button marked "tilt." It allows you to change the tilt of the screen to accommodate shorter/taller drivers' the sun, etc. If you hold the "tilt" button steadily the screen will return to the normal parked position.

alcalira said:
The screen has a button marked "tilt." It allows you to change the tilt of the screen to accommodate shorter/taller drivers' the sun, etc. If you hold the "tilt" button steadily the screen will return to the normal parked position.
joetesta said:
Holding the button for a few seconds gives me a couple different tilt angles but it will not stay in flush no matter how many times I try.

Thanks for bringing this up again - my screen was stuck tilted again the following day. I actually found a flat attached piece of plastic floating around behind the screen, that seems to be broken off from somewhere - it was very loose but did not come out from the dash, i have no clue what it could be for, pushed it in gently and after that my screen fully closed, and I haven't touched 'tilt' or gotten the car washed since.

Back