Car reporting complete charge after 1hr of charging.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlutoISaPlanet

I had started a thread thinking this was a problem with Blink chargers but after a couple conversations with them they insisted I bring it to the dealer. Finally got it in today and they told me they had this problem with one of their cars on the lot before and had to consult with Nissan on what to do about it. They wound up replacing the "power box" and are waiting from word back from Nissan on what to do with my car and providing me with a rental car. I searched briefly and didn't find any reports of a similar problem.

I've put 2,200 miles on it since getting it two months ago. This seems like a pretty major service on a brand new vehicle. I'm feeling pretty good about deciding on a lease right now.

PlutoISaPlanet said:
it doesn't have to do with Blink or EVSE's. I posted it here in case others run across the same problem.
I know. I thought so from your first post. Meanwhile the other thread is going round and round on whether it's the Blink or not. But since you started a new thread, nobody over there knows you found this out. So please go over there and set your other thread straight.

so I was told there were 4 error codes they drew out of the battery of the car, and two of them were the same as another leaf they had on a lot at a different dealership they own here in town. Nissan's ordered a new power charging module for the car and it's on its way but probably won't be here till Friday. Meanwhile I'm burning gas around town in the Sentra they gave me and dearly missing my $0.07/kWh ride.

Will update when I have more news.

got it back today. Here's the bill of health:
cCrtV3P.jpg

^^^
Thanks! BTW, it'd be helpful to put your model year and trim level in your sig. I had to dig around in some earlier posts to deduce it.

garygid said:
PDM unit is... Power Distribution Module, or what?
Thanks.

they kept referring to it as "Power Module." Your guess sounds good, though.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Thanks! BTW, it'd be helpful to put your model year and trim level in your sig. I had to dig around in some earlier posts to deduce it.

all set.

Looks like the PDM is about $1000. Pluto, does your 2013 S have the "Charging Package"? (will have the CHAdeMO quick-charge port on the left)

If this is true, then this prices the upgrade to a 6kW for a 2013 at $1k. Not bad for a 6kW charger!

-Phil

FYI if anyone comes back to look at this: The car charged normally for the last two months then started doing the same thing last week. I took it back to the dealership and they told me my vehicle was one of the first they saw with the problem and that a month later Nissan started rolling out firmware updates that wouldn't need the PDM replaced. They updated it and things have been normal the last few nights.

Back