There is no corresponding item name...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
electronplumber said:
Quick question from a newbie - a minute or so after I start the car, it gives me the spoken message, "There is no corresponding item name". Is there any way to stop this? Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

First, do us a favor and update your profile with your location. It also helps if you identify the year and model of the car you have (most of us do that in our signatures).

Now, without having more information to go on I would suggest taking the car back to the dealer. Likely the dealer forgot to enable Carwings (have you gotten Carwings working for you, providing local charging stations and letting you connect with the LEAF app?). This is unfortunately a common problem with dealers who haven't sold a lot of LEAFs.

cgaydos said:
electronplumber said:
Quick question from a newbie - a minute or so after I start the car, it gives me the spoken message, "There is no corresponding item name". Is there any way to stop this? Thanks!

Now, without having more information to go on I would suggest taking the car back to the dealer. Likely the dealer forgot to enable Carwings (have you gotten Carwings working for you, providing local charging stations and letting you connect with the LEAF app?). This is unfortunately a common problem with dealers who haven't sold a lot of LEAFs.

Carwings is working okay. Occasionally, the app fails to connect to the car, but most times, it works.

Thanks!

I'm sorry no one else has responded. A lot of people have read the message so what this means is that you probably have encountered a unique error. Please check with the dealer and if you get an answer, please post it here so that it is on the record for others.

After a bit of research in the manuals, I can find nothing of help. But given the delay you experience before the voice message, it may be the telematics communications unit (TCU) going through all of its start-up connectivity and not finding something it should. The telematics and electronics in this vehicle are incredibly interconnected, very complex, and sense and/or control almost every aspect of operation (I learned there is a steering angle sensor behind the logo in the center of the steering wheel. It senses the position of the front wheels to create the guides on the rear view monitor screen). Some things you might try, if you haven't already:

1- are all fuses good and fully inserted?
2- do you have any information feeds through CARWINGS? If you have something from a website or RSS feed, are the addresses correctly entered or have they changed or been cancelled?
3- do you, or really your car, get a good cellular signal in the places you start the car?

If none of the above is at issue, you likely have an electronic poltergeist lurking inside. The dealer's CONSULT diagnostic device has the best chance of finding the glitch and leading to what should be a warranty repair. This was suggested by others and I would agree.

Good luck, and let the forum know the outcomes please.

This is nothing to do with fuses and such. This is a benign message that comes out of Carwings. In fact I have seen two messages back to back, "There is no item name" followed by, "There is no item description".

You should have played around with the 'feeds' in Carwings (or maybe the dealer has). Simply go to Car Wings menu - rather maze of menus - and identify the 'feeds' and disable all the feeds.

I find that whole 'feed' feature useless, with silly information such as who is the most efficient driver in your region and how well you compare to the rest, etc..

Carwings, Carwings Settings, Information Feed Setting, Download Automatically, Select Download Interval, Never.

Yep, the last person answered it rignt-on! When I turned off all information feeds, I stopped getting that annoying, useless announcement every time I got in my car.

Though I love my Leaf in general, Nissan’s support for the infotainment system is awful. It seems they’ve just abandoned it. I’d love to see it re-vamped with new functionality, but I doubt that’ll ever happen....

For anyone having this problem later, CarWings was renamed to NissanConnect at some point, so look for that name in your settings if you don't see "CarWings". My 2018 Leaf calls it NissanConnect EV or something to that effect.

Back