Carwings OK but no status or remote control (iphone or web)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scronce

The Owners portal and iPhone app have not update my cars status since Dec 3rd. When I try to update it spins for a very long time then gives the error "vehicle status: request failed" (web portal) and "Please try request again. Problem detected communicating with vehicle." (IOS app). Have not gotten a txt message for charge completion since Dec 3rd either.

Normally that just means the server is down but here's the strange thing.... carwings IS working!
When I launch Carwings form the owners portal I can see all my current data so I know my car is sending data to Nissan.
From the car I can download information feeds and update charging stations so I know the AT&T connection is working.

Today I called Nissan support. They ran me through the normal things I've seen posted in the forum to try including verifying all my settings, downloading charging stations, and re-entering my pin and password. After that didn't work, and they too verified that they could see the status not updating, they took down the unit and sim card ID and told me a tech would call back Monday. Got a call a few hours later saying "we suggest you bring your car into the dealer".

Before I waste a day at the dealer.... have any of you see this happen before? What should I try next to see if it fixes the problem?

Thanks in advance
Scott

Update. Found the post on rebooting your LEAF here http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964#p93162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did the TCU reboot by pulling fuse F34 for 30 seconds.

That helped. I can now today's updated status on the owners portal. Having problems logging in with the the IOS app but that's a normal (and continuous) problem. Finally got in after a several tries and I can see today's status on the iPhone too.

scronce said:
Update. Found the post on rebooting your LEAF here http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964#p93162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did the TCU reboot by pulling fuse F34 for 30 seconds.

That helped. I can now today's updated status on the owners portal. Having problems logging in with the the IOS app but that's a normal (and continuous) problem. Finally got in after a several tries and I can see today's status on the iPhone too.
troubleshootmnl

Very cool! Thanks for the update. The TCU reboot trick worked for me couple of times as well. Apparently, data transmission can remain flaky in the wake of a service outage until the TCU is power cycled.

Same or similar problem as in the OP except status update does get through maybe 1 out of 10 times, started several days back. Cannot turn climate control remotely as well. I can update stations and carwings stats get uploaded so cell radio works. Tried the F34 "fix" but no joy. Looks like communications that originate from the car work, but not the incoming ones. Any ideas or is anyone else experiencing these issue lately?

Back