2018 Leaf charging connector is stuck in the charge port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the correct description is Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment. If Nissan claims the error code shows that the connector was not fully connected, I would take the position that replacement of the charging port should be covered by warranty. The car should never have started drawing current if it had indication that the plug was not fully inserted.

If Nissan claims the error code shows that the connector was not fully connected, I would take the position that replacement of the charging port should be covered by warranty. The car should never have started drawing current if it had indication that the plug was not fully inserted.

That's a very good point.
I have not yet heard back from my insurance or the dealership. I suspect that they are working on this.
I will report back as soon as I know more.

netsmith2012 said:
If Nissan claims the error code shows that the connector was not fully connected, I would take the position that replacement of the charging port should be covered by warranty. The car should never have started drawing current if it had indication that the plug was not fully inserted.

That's a very good point.
I have not yet heard back from my insurance or the dealership. I suspect that they are working on this.
I will report back as soon as I know more.

Any further news on this?

My insurance covered it under the "no fault" guidelines.
It all went down very smoothly and quickly and it does not affect my future premiums in any way.
(I'm on AAA (California) and this is typical of how they handle all home and auto insurance claims for us. )
As far as pursuing Nissan's responsibilities, since it was resolved so smoothly, I let the entire matter go.

Back