NISSAN LEAF WITH AUCTION US. DOES NOT START

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tourist

Good day.

Tell me where to start, Nissan Leaf (ZE0U, 11/2014, 24 KWH) from the USA auction after the accident, does not start
Errors:

Thank you, tomorrow we will replace the 12 volt battery with a new one, we will clear errors and we will try to run

Unless the battery is very old it may just need to be charged. Leaving the car plugged in after charging ends, for a long time, can drain the 12 volt battery.

I suspect you will need to clear the DTC related to car crash before the car will start. I have not looked at the service manual, but clearing that fault may require resetting some crash sensor(s). There are 4 Air Bag errors so I assume that means the air bags were deployed--I don't know if those DTCs will prevent the car from going into ready mode. The brake module power supply DTC is the only one that would indicate any 12-volt battery issues so I doubt that the 12-volt battery is your problem.

My 2011 was hit from behind by a heavy duty 4X4 diesel pickup hard enough to require both vehicles to be towed away. It did not set error codes and I drove it out of the intersection to a safe place to park without incident. Although it was a hard hit, it was technically repairable. The other driver's insurance company decided to declare it a total loss because they thought it would be cheaper than paying for the repairs and a rental car. After arguing with the insurance company for several weeks, I went to their storage yard to take a final look at it and take photos for my records. It started and went into ready mode without incident, but they had damaged the interior, the front end, and possibly the underside while it was in storage so I gave up thoughts of buying it back.

Since you have some issues related to the previous crash, I suggest that you use LEAF Spy to clear all of the error codes that you can with the new 12-volt battery installed and then record the remaining ones for future reference as a baseline. As Leftie noted, a weak 12-volt battery can cause lots of issues. I am glad to know that the "car crash" code and air bag codes are not enough to prevent the car from going into Ready mode.

Back