Removing Goop Bottle from Tire Repair Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glaurent

I unfortunately had a flat tire on my way to work this morning (2017 LEAF). I ended up calling a tow truck, but decided to try the ContiMobility Kit while waiting, as the tow truck company quoted me a long wait time.

Unfortunately, the hole in the tire was significantly large enough that the goop repair kit was totally useless. (Sadly, I ended up needing a new rear tire, which has shown relatively little wear.)

I was unaware of the high cost to replace the kit, but wanted to remove the can of goop (latex?) in order to use the compressor at a later time. Unfortunately the can of goop appears to "ratchet" onto the compressor and cannot be easily removed.

Has anyone else had this issue -- Can the plastic bottle be removed? I am considering taking a dremel to it, but wanted to see if there was something I was missing...

(For the future, I'll likely get a tire plug kit for emergency, so this inflator would be useful.)

Unfortunately...your fate was sealed once you used the "goop".
Thanks to this forum, I threw the bottle of "goop" away almost immediately; I have used the compressor/pump (alone) several times successfully.

I managed to remove mine (just unscrewed it) having used it BUT can't find replacements anywhere except Nissan dealer who wants $200+ for it... what have others done?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25479&p=521802&hilit=tire+mobility+kit#p521802\

Maybe the above post will clarify this for you.

Back