2018 SL Not Sending Data to NissanConnect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfelty

Any 2018 Leaf owners having trouble getting their car to send data to NissanConnect? I have contacted Nissan and they have "escalated" my case, but that simply means "they'll get back to me." During the process it was clear that the car is showing all signs of communicating with the system but no current data is getting through to me either in the iOS app or the web client. In the car I can update charging stations and the car seems to be able to access driving history when I want it (like telling me I had a platinum week last week). But none of the NissanConnect app functionality is working. On my last chat with Nissan there seemed to be some indication that there is a known problem with the 2018's but other than that I am in the dark. Anyone else with this issue? Thanks! - Rick

Same issue here. I've been contacting them about it and all they can tell me is that they are working on it but they don't have an update on progress to provide to me. Last contact with them was this morning.

Great. Another reason to delay getting a 2018 Leaf. Nissan's trade-offs and missteps are really taking all the joy out of the thought of getting a new Leaf.

I agree. They’ll work it out (the Nissan Connect thing) and I really love this car. This is my third Leaf. Very big advancement in many ways.

I used the remote access all the time in my 2013 Leaf to remotely start the climate control. Losing it because of the 2G phaseout was a big deal to me. Then we were offered the $199 upgrade, only to discover that many of them don't work properly. So this is in fact a big deal to me.

If you were paying $159 a month for a Leaf with Around View, Bose stereo, CD player, user friendly steering wheel controls, 80% charge option and upper digital display, how excited would you be about getting to pay $200 more a month (plus $3500 down) for a Leaf without any of those features, and remote access that also doesn't work? I spend relatively little time with the accelerator pedal mashed to the floor, and rarely drive more than 70 miles. So what am I supposed to be anticipating? Having a red car instead of a silver one...?

LeftieBiker said:
I used the remote access all the time in my 2013 Leaf to remotely start the climate control. Losing it because of the 2G phaseout was a big deal to me. Then we were offered the $199 upgrade, only to discover that many of them don't work properly. So this is in fact a big deal to me.

Pulling a fuse about once every 3 months isn't that big of a problem. I use it all the time. Sure, I would really like Nissan to fix it. Wife really likes a warm car on a cold day. True be told, I do as well.

WetEV said:
LeftieBiker said:

Pulling a fuse about once every 3 months isn't that big of a problem. I use it all the time. Sure, I would really like Nissan to fix it. Wife really likes a warm car on a cold day. True be told, I do as well.

Look at the new post in another thread about a 2013 having a dead battery every day for a week. The poster seems to know about that simple fuse pull, too. It appears that getting this "upgrade" is a crap shoot. And having to regularly pull a fuse (or getting no functionality on an advertised feature) on a new $36k car is unacceptable.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12448&p=519886#p519886

I have no problem sending data and can see results on the web page portal. I did get the $200 modem change and it mostly worked ok. I also just got my warranty battery and planned to hold on to vehicle for several more years. I also get data on charging stations and the like to vehicle.

3 days ago, the NissanConnect app stopped working. That provides the remote features. That part is the one with variable performance. I expect it is an issue within the Nissan database, not a complete failure.

I had great functionality (with a few exceptions) with my 2015 and 2013 Leafs. But with the 2018 Leaf there are clearly some issues. The rest of the car is awesome! But I got so used to being able to remotely do things, that I miss it!

A bit of an update. Got an email today with this... so in to the dealer I go.

“We have been advised that you will need to take your vehicle to the dealership. They will have to call their TechLine to have the vehicle diagnosed. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please reach out to us once you have heard from the dealership. Thank you for your patience.”

I had an issue with it all last night. Finally after finding some odd information on the owners.nissanusa.com website, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and signed back in...boom it started working.

I had this issue with my 2018 SV. The rep at Nissan Connect deleted my vehicle then installed it again. This worked to get the basic functionality working, such as "starting the charge", "turning on climate control", etc. This didn't fix the added extra functions such as "Locking/Unlocking" the doors.

Nissan Connect rep said I had to take it to the dealer to activate that part of the Telematics. Took it to dealer and they said it's already activated. They tried the SOS and it was able to call them but they were not receiving any location data from my car. Sirius XM controls these functions and the dealer said they may have a batch of VIN numbers that were not input correctly. I'm about done with trying to get the extra functions to work as I won't pay for them after the free trial period ends for me in August.

I just got delivery of my car on Monday... And yes... i can't seem to get any driving stats or history to show on the web or app.

I've successfully used the climate control, man that's nice... getting updated battery information is a pain, works once and while, having to close the app and re-login several times, hit the refresh button, watch the spinny wheel turn forever until an error message pops up... then try again... and again...

Anyhow, driving stats would be nice to at least see on the web front end,... No ones found a solution yet? I did enable car information sharing in the infotainment unit as instructed...

Was wondering if I missed anything else, but seems like its a common problem now... I think my biggest challenge is going back to the dealership if support instructs me to do so, as the closest EV certified dealership is about 200km away from me...

Maybe its something the local Nissan dealership can look into?

Ok, I've figured out the web front end error...

Apparently when I bookmarked the login page, it doesn't do it properly... When I attempt to login I get an error: INVALID REQUEST we are unable to process the request now. Please try again later.

If I go back to Nissan.ca then under owners -> My Nissan -> Nissan Connect -> Register/Login -> English -> Login, it now works,... :?

Something is goofy on their web server... At least that's figured out...

What's more Interesting, as I was typing this and testing out driving stats magically appeared? only for my return trip home from work yesterday afternoon though,...

Has it been updated for anyone else too magically?

Back