Nissanconnect outage?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentaluproar

For weeks, I haven’t been able to get my phone to talk to my car, but the car can talk to Nissan just fine. If I tell carwings to do something from inside the car, it’s fine.

Each time I’ve called Nissan, I’ve been told they are undergoing upgrades and the system should be online again the next day. Bull.

Is anyone else having problems with nissanconnect?

The email notifications are somewhat flaky (nothing new), but I did receive them over the weekend. And, from the NissanConnect iOS app, I was able to successfully retrieve the correct status of my car.

You in the US?

What if you use Nissan's Leaf owner portal (I think https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/ is right)? Is it equally broken there?

THis brings up something I have been wondering about. I bought my car new a few weeks ago and I can check the charging status, climate control and location but I can't seem to get info on the driving history. Is this broken or am I missing something?

another reason I have not bought the $200 upgrade to the 3G modem in my 2012. So many times it was unable to connect when I wanted to use the tool that it just didnt seem worth it.

I really wanted to make my own solution to this, and made some progress, but I got bored, then busy, so it didn’t get anywhere.

mentaluproar said:
I really wanted to make my own solution to this, and made some progress, but I got bored, then busy, so it didn’t get anywhere.

I thought that I saw some open source solution that someone on this forum was working on.. like wifi for leaf or something. It seemed pretty much dead in the water though when I last saw the posts. The car is begging for something. All I'd like to do is connect to it via an app while i'm at home to tell it do things like the connect would.. but over wifi.. I'm ok not having those toys when it's out and about.

There were plenty of things already done. I got stuck trying to understand twos compliment (I think that’s what it was called). I couldn’t figure it out and rage quit.

If you want to develop for this car, I recommend the particle electron board. Works great here and has built in cellular connectivity and CAN bus support. The web IDE is really annoying, though.

mentaluproar said:
There were plenty of things already done. I got stuck trying to understand twos compliment (I think that’s what it was called). I couldn’t figure it out and rage quit.
Two's complement binary representation isn't that hard to understand. It's just a way of representing signed integers instead of just unsigned (only positive) integers with a given # of bits.

A quick Google search turned up these. I glanced thru the beginning and they look right:
https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tomf/notes/cps104/twoscomp.html
http://www.ele.uri.edu/courses/ele447/proj_pages/divid/twos.html

For positive numbers, nothing is different but you need to set aside the leftmost (most significant) bit. MSB == 0 means the # being represented is positive. MSB == 1 means it's negative.

If you need to worry about hex, hopefully you know the basics of hexadecimal vs. binary. 1 digit in hex is shorthand representation for 4 bits. 0 to 9, A to F with A representing 10 in base 10 all the way up to F (1111 in binary, base 2), which would represent 15 in base 10.

No I understand hex. I don’t understand the shortcuts we were taught for it in computer science, but I was able to figure it out as a kid when I had to make some of my own gameshark codes. (Who actually collected all the stardust in legend of dragon? Nobody!)

Another part of my project involved making an app and I still haven’t figured out Xcode yet. The semester has started again, so that’s on the back burner.

mentaluproar said:
For weeks, I haven’t been able to get my phone to talk to my car, but the car can talk to Nissan just fine. If I tell carwings to do something from inside the car, it’s fine.

Each time I’ve called Nissan, I’ve been told they are undergoing upgrades and the system should be online again the next day. Bull.

Is anyone else having problems with nissanconnect?

The short answer to your question is: I have been able to "talk" to my Leaf for the last several days (including the date of your post). There is "downtime" occasionally...and I had some trouble last week...but as long as you don't have any (new) TCU issues, then I suggest re-setting your NissanConnect settings (either via Nissan, or delete/add your car again).

Back