SatNav

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigeWick

I have had my Leaf since the beginning of June and the SatNav is annoying me on motorways and main roads. What happens is, whenever I am approaching a junction, if it has a roundabout and slip road back on to the motorway the SatNav will direct me off and then back on. On main roads, if there is a minor road running parallel to the main one, again the SatNav will push me off and back on again.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the device to stop doing this? TIA.

Just last night I used the Nav out of desperation, and it tried that same trick - directing me to take an interstate highway off in another direction from where I was headed. That's why I only use the rather lousy maps, instead.

There are route preferences you can set that change how the system calculates routes. Both of my Leafs came with default settings which prefer freeways. They would display routes which included driving in the wrong direction to get to a freeway. Changing route preference to shortest will minimize that. Changing preference to fastest may reduce the tendency to direct you off the freeway (motorway).

Back