Damp Driver's Footwell Carpet

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superchewie

Hi folks,

As the title says, I've noticed that my new-to-me '13 Leaf has a tendency to end up with a damp driver's side footwell now and then. Seems to correlate with when it rains; unsure if I can make the same happen when I wash the car.

As far as I can tell, just the flat footwell is wet, not any of the sides leading down to it. At least, the carpet isn't wet...

Any thoughts? I'm hoping there's an obvious and easily accessible rain gutter that might be clogged.

Thanks for any ideas!

I think was occasional problem with some cars. Try the search function. I'm sure there's threads about it. But I think the problem was a coolant hose connection issue, or maybe a hose that was damaged in manufacturing and would drip on the driver's side.

The A/C condensate drain hose wasn't connected at the factory, or was connected poorly and came off. If this happens when it rains, though, and with no A/C use, it sounds like a leaking windshield seal.

Absolutely amazing. You were both spot on; it appears the A/C condensate hose was never attached. Thank you so much! Fingers crossed the footwell dries up and stays dry from his point on.

I'll take better advantage of the search function next time!

Thanks again.

Back