one touch driver's windown up

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smnewport

I just picked up my car yesterday from the body shop. A jackass in a big Yukon had sideswiped me when he passed me illegally on a one lane road and got my driver's side mirror and good scuff and dent on the front left panel, tried to flee the scene, then lied to the police saying that the scratch on his SUV was from an old parking lot fender bender.

This morning something seemed a little odd when I drove go work. The driver's window did not go up automatically with one touch. I couldn't quite remember if the car was like that new even though I was inclined to think that it did have both one touch BOTH up and down, as the car was in the shop for several days. I checked the Nissan website and did see the specs do indicate one touch up. The one touch down still works. I am suspecting this stemmed from the repair as the entire driver's side mirror got replaced so they probably had to remove the entire door panel and either broke or forgot to reconnect something.

Can you guys confirm this before I call the shop and raise hell?

On a side note, I hate %&#&$% SUVs.

The one-touch up needs to be reset after the 12V is disconnected. Pull the switch up and hold it there for about five seconds. It should work fine after that.

kovalb said:
The one-touch up needs to be reset after the 12V is disconnected. Pull the switch up and hold it there for about five seconds. It should work fine after that.
...for about five seconds - after it reaches the fully raised position.

smnewport said:
... A jackass in a big Yukon had sideswiped me when he passed me illegally on a one lane road and got my driver's side mirror and good scuff and dent on the front left panel, tried to flee the scene, then lied to the police saying that the scratch on his SUV was from an old parking lot fender bender.

On a side note, I hate %&#&$% SUVs.
A lot of people have lost their mind.

I was on a four mile long stretch of two lane road last week, five or six cars in front of me at close spacing.
I have only two car lengths between me and the car in front and a total moron decides they must pass in an extremely short passing zone.
Was a useless waste of risk.
I arrived at the upcoming four lane section less than a few car lengths behind them.
After they passed they threw cigarette butt trash out the window.

There are a lot of total idiots in life and unfortunately they are sometimes hard to avoid :cry:

Happened to me too after taking off the door panel to replace speakers. It would auto down, but not up. It fixed itself after a couple of days. Probably the fix suggested was done by me on accident.

Thanks for the help. I did go back to the shop to get the issue checked out. I had not even given my key to the repairman a minute when he came back and said it was all fixed. He had done what Kovalb and Billg had said, holding the switch for about 5 seconds to reset the system as disconnecting the wiring when they removed the door panel had disengaged the one-touch auto up for the driver's window. This is such a silly feature Nissan programmed into the windows.

On another side note, on the way to the shop I almost got hit by a Subaru SUV!!! The road was 2 lanes, with the right lane ending and merging into the left that I was in. The Subaru gunned it trying to squeeze in front of me. I just kept going at a constant speed, especially when she did not even put her blinker on, and saw out the corner of my eye that it was just inches away from me. The driver finally stopped being stupid/crazy and braked at the very last second to wait her turn.

I did get a GoPro right after the accident to use as a dash cam. I am going to start using it as much as possible from now on.

smnewport said:
I did get a GoPro right after the accident to use as a dash cam. I am going to start using it as much as possible from now on.
Yes.
I keep planning to get a dash cam with a very long storage time, but have not done it yet.

The morons that think they can drive any stupid way they want will bring about crowd sourced proper driving enforcement.

Within ten years, 80% of drivers will be running dash cams.
At the point you encounter stupid driving, you just tap a button and the idiot driving is sent to traffic enforcement for review and potential citation of the offending driver.

The idiots have brought it on themselves.

Just like the crowd sourced smart phone videos that are policing the police, soon all driving will be policed by the crowd.

TimLee said:
Just like the crowd sourced smart phone videos that are policing the police, soon all driving will be policed by the crowd.

I'm not a big fan of paying for the technology to assist the state with revenue collection, or for providing the state with the means to snoop in on even more of our lives. If you are speeding, or you didn't signal, or you passed illegally- I really don't want to participate in any action that extorts money out of an individual, or throws them in a cage for driving like a dumbass. I just don't want to be the one to pay for their accidents.

Dashcams protect drivers by determining fault when an accident does happen, and they protect insurance companies from liability due to fraud when someone throws themselves on my hood. I would support drivers reporting other reckless drivers to their insurance companies (warning them of the liability that they are covering, which would increase bad drivers rates). We are seeing this change already with OBDII data loggers that insurance institutions like Progressive are using.

Back