Weird "boing" sound when driving forward after reversing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ybitz

After reversing (backing out the drive way), within a few seconds of forward driving, I always hear a metallic spring sound (a "boing /doing" sound). No adverse effects it seems, but curious what might be causing it. Any ideas?

ABS self-test...

ybitz said:
After reversing (backing out the drive way), within a few seconds of forward driving, I always hear a metallic spring sound (a "boing /doing" sound). No adverse effects it seems, but curious what might be causing it. Any ideas?

Ah, thanks.
Just found this thread. Never thought I'd have to search the word "boing" on this forum :). http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8572&hilit=boing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, JFYI, in my case I mentioned this to service guy during my next visit (after I started noticing this sound), and they did something to breaks, cleaning and also something wasn't adjusted right (I've been told with those exact words). Plus, they replaced brake pads (under warranty) - this is the only thing mentioned on the service report. For a year now, I haven't heard that sound again.

The machine that going "boing" is kind of expensive. Nowhere near the cost of the machine that going "ping", though.

My 2011 used to make a "clap" "clap" sound, so I took it to the dealer. They gave it a shot of antibiotics---and it cleared it right up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back