Your car is f***ing gay!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Picked up my car Thursday night. I got my first random stranger comment today. I was parked enjoying an ice cream. He's behind me leaving the parking lot. He stops. Stares at the car for about 5 seconds trying to figure out wtf it is. I think maybe he saw the world car sticker on the back window (I never took it off) and thought I was being boastful or something and felt he should put me in my place. He pulls his car around and yells, "Your car is f***ing gay!" and then drives off before I could retort with "nice Cavalier". His car backfired as he tried unsuccessfully to do a burn out while leaving, which just made it even more hilarious. :)

Now I don't know where I stand anymore. I own both a LEAF and a Cavalier. The Cavalier is pretty far down the totem pole when it comes to other cars---I only pick on Yugo drivers when in the Cavalier. BTW--he must of been driving on wet ice to spin the tires :lol: .

I can confirm, having owned my car for a year, I've never had it attempt to have sexual relations with myself or any other male passengers or passers-by. So whether its preferences lean in that direction or not, I cannot know - however, I can confirm that, if he is speaking of the leaf in general, the adjective in his assertion is not correct; it is certainly not actively participating in gay relationships.

defiancecp said:
I can confirm, having owned my car for a year, I've never had it attempt to have sexual relations with myself or any other male passengers or passers-by. So whether its preferences lean in that direction or not, I cannot know - however, I can confirm that, if he is speaking of the leaf in general, the adjective in his assertion is not correct; it is certainly not actively participating in gay relationships.

Are you sure your Leaf is male? Some of those cross-dresser's can be very convincing... :)

TickTock said:
Are you sure your Leaf is male? Some of those cross-dresser's can be very convincing... :)
When my Leaf came back from dealer "service" the shift knob seemed a lot shorter and the navigation voice was higher pitched and quite seductive. Have any sex change operations been reported on a Leaf? :lol:

You've all got it wrong. He wasn't insulting your car, he was complimenting it. Dictionary.com shows gay to be defined as:

having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy.

So what he was trying to say was that your car is a happy car, a joyous car. So many pessimistic people on this forum today. :D

Kubel- sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should move out West; I was charging at a Whole Foods the other day and when I came back to my red LEAF I had this note under my windshield wiper:

note.jpg

EricBayArea said:
Kubel- sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should move out West; I was charging at a Whole Foods the other day and when I came back to my red LEAF I had this note under my windshield wiper
The Leaf as a chick magnet? :cool:

We took ours to a car show to enlighten the Southerners to the new technology. I nice lady came up and shook my hand thanking me for owning and driving this car. Looks to be about 10:1 (or more) against the Gay comments.... LOL

Yeah, I expected some of that in Arkansas, but so far it's nearly all been positive. My wife drove it to work one day and got a note on the windshield (turned out to be a chubby engineer guy, so no support for the chick magnet theory :) ), and we've had a few people comment, ask questions, and/or stop and wave, etc... Oddly enough it seems there's a high correlation between the population of Arkansans of Asian descent and likers of the leaf (nearly everyone who has stopped me to comment has been Asian for some reason, which I found really strange).

Anyway, so far not one negative comment, though a few have been confused (how much gas type questions)

I was driving down the frwy yesterday and passed a Prius and it had long eye lashes above the head lights. Maybe it was a crossdresser? Ok at least it was a girl driving it, I think.

EricBayArea said:
Kubel- sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should move out West; I was charging at a Whole Foods the other day and when I came back to my red LEAF I had this note under my windshield wiper:

Probably another gay Leaf came by and left that note.

It sounds like it was a teenage male prankster, guys. I doubt if he put a lot of thought into it as he heckled and sped off! :lol:

I expect to get some pretty strange looks when I take delivery in a couple weeks. People around here (KCMO) do not know what a LEAF is! It'll be fun. :roll: Can't wait for my red car! :D

I used to get the same remarks when driving my Miata. Somehow the 2-seat roadster I thought I had, turned into a "chick car', or "gay car".

I think it's basically a knuckle-dragger reaction to anything that strays from big, heavy, and pointless power. Then you get extra "gay points" for not emitting copious exhaust.

Whatever.

Yeah, it is kind of a chick magnet. And it attracts the right kind! :mrgreen:

Back