Climate control (air conditioner) enabled, disabled charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnr

It used to be that when the vehicle was charging I would try to turn on the air conditioner but it would only blow hot air. Basically it stayed in accessory mode. So I had to either use the web portal or unplug the car and run off the battery to pre-cool it.

Recently, something has changed with my car. Now I can turn on the air conditioner even when the car is plugged in! I can even change the settings on the air conditioner while it is still plugged in. Needless to say, I'm very happy about this. But why did the car's behavior suddenly change?

johnr said:
It used to be that when the vehicle was charging I would try to turn on the climate control inc but it would only blow hot air. Basically it stayed in accessory mode. So I had to either use the web portal or unplug the car and run off the battery to pre-cool it.

Recently, something has changed with my car. Now I can turn on the air conditioner even when the car is plugged in! I can even change the settings on the air conditioner while it is still plugged in. Needless to say, I'm very happy about this. But why did the car's behavior suddenly change?
Is it possible to vary the temperature of AC without plugged in?

I've run the A/C all the time with it plugged it. On L2 and QC. The way I've done it is to push the brake and the on button. It won't go into full ready because it's plugged it but it will be on. And then it just works like it would if the car was all the way on. There is, however, a minimum percentage, I'm not sure what , maybe 20%? where it will not come on, just blow hot air. That's my experience. Here in Vegas, waiting at a QC, I'm running the A/C, its hot.

Back