Wow. Estimated Delivery: Month of January 0001???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwallace3

Wow. I woke up this morning and checked my dashboard as usual only to find that I finally have an estimated delivery of "Month of January 0001" Whatever that means. I'm guessing it means January of 2012 so I don't know what the 0001 is about. I know I reserved in Sept. and I just placed my order in March, but what happened to all reservations/orders will be filled by late summer???? This could be really bad news for the rest of you guys in front of me. If this is any indication of how backed up Nissan is now, that would mean they are at least 4 months behind or at least plan on being at least that by the end of the year. That would be 10 months from order to delivery and 16 months from reservation to delivery. I know some people have waited that long or at least close to it, but they are the 4/20/10 reservation people. Which I wanted to be but just wasn't sure at that point. Now I'm kicking myself. I had in the back of my mind an Aug delivery month now I'm looking at 5 months after that. Don't know if I can afford to continue driving my 14 mpg dodge ram 45 miles a day that much longer. Hope this doesn't freak anyone out, but either Nissan is really really backed up, found something drastically wrong which must be redesigned, or I'm just getting screwed.

I'm in the same boat. If they really do mean January 2012, I'll probably cancel and order the Focus EV since it looks like it'll be a better car.

sirfergy said:
I'm in the same boat. If they really do mean January 2012, I'll probably cancel and order the Focus EV since it looks like it'll be a better car.

I'll agree that it looks better, but I'd be careful about saying it will be a better car. There have not really been any independent testing to say that yet. (as far as I know). Nissan put a lot of time into the development of the Leaf, and the Focus is mostly an OEM conversion of an ICE car albeit a very good conversion.

Back on topic, I'd say that the dates you are seeing are just more software bugs. there have been plenty of glitches to this display in the past, and it looks like they will continue. Wait a few days and they'll change the numbers again (even if you have what looks like good dates).

jwallace3 said:
Wow. I woke up this morning and checked my dashboard as usual only to find that I finally have an estimated delivery of "Month of January 0001" Whatever that means. ...I know I reserved in Sept. and I just placed my order in March...
Same here. Reserved June 1, ordered January 20, now showing delivery January 0001. I can only HOPE it's a programming error and, given how top-notch everything else is regarding Nissan CS, suspect that's exactly what it is. I'll be calling my PD as soon as they open.

Glenn

Ok.. Whew.... Must be software because my dealer just emailed me an update. He said he saw the same thing "January 0001" so he checked the incoming inventory for the next 6 months and my Leaf's build sheet. Apparently January 0001 translates somehow to built in June and Delivered in August. Smoke and mirrors....Smoke and mirrors.

I spoke to a Nissan rep on the chatline, he said that date is the same as pending. Whatever that means.

Reserved August 10 2010

The LEAF is a revolution. It has re-defined time to BL and AL - Before LEAF and After LEAF mass production, where the year formerly known as 2011 is now year 0. So January 0001, is the year 0001 AL! :eek: ;) :D

koolaukid said:
I spoke to a Nissan rep on the chatline, he said that date is the same as pending. Whatever that means.

Reserved August 10 2010
DB seem to be down...maybe they are in fix mode

Same thing happened to me this morning. Prior to today I was "pending."

So how about it? Does anyone on this forum have a DeLorean we can borrow to go pickup our "month of January 0001" LEAFs??? I promise that the fastest we'll go is 88 mph :lol:

TNleaf said:
Same thing happened to me this morning. Prior to today I was "pending."

So how about it? Does anyone on this forum have a DeLorean we can borrow to go pickup our "month of January 0001" LEAFs??? I promise that the fastest we'll go is 88 mph :lol:
Be sure to have Phil mod an L1 EVSE for Mr. Fusion, before you go. I suspect charging facilities will be limited in the first century. :D

koolaukid said:

Reserved August 10 2010

Yeah whenever you come across a date which is Janurary 01, 0001 that means the database entry has a value of zero. But since the format is a date, and there is no such thing as "month of zero", the program will convert or default all the month, day and year values to 01,01,01.

thepoloman33 said:
I'm seeing the same thing "month of January 0001". Ordered on March 8th.

I guess it's better than "pending".
Same here, and I think probably better than pending, too :D

So far, my DB has gone from May -> July -> Pending -> January 0001 on my Jan 6th 2011 RAQ.

Count me as another with a LEAF scheduled for delivery to the Roman Empire. Weird, though... I registered last year, but missed the reservation cutoff. Still, I configured the car (black SL+qc) and picked a preferred dealer. On May 6th, I got the e-mail that reservations had reopened; I immediately signed in and paid the $99 reservation fee, then got a call from the dealer that day to check on the order/get a quote. After that, my delivery date went to 'Pending' until it just turned into 'January 0001.'

koolaukid said:

Reserved August 10 2010

Not quite the same. When I was pending I could change color...not now

jwallace3 said:
Reserved: 9/22/11
ESVE: 3/24/11
RAQ: 3/28/11
Ordered: 3/29/11
Delivery: Month of January 0001...Whatever that means
That's what you get for reserving in the future… A delivery in the past! ;-)

Back