Dealer prep weirdness.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG

When I picked up my Leaf a couple of weeks ago I noticed the following:
#1: No plastic on any of the seats, and a noticeable stain on the rear seats.
#2: The "Monroney sticker" had already been removed from the window.
#3: No other labels or stickers of any kind on any of the windows.
#4: The front bumper plate holder holes had been drilled even though I has requested they not be long before.

When I looked around at other cars ready for customer pickup none of them had front bumper plate holes, and they all still had their Monroney sticker on the window.

I am curious what happened. Had they used my car as a showroom demo for a while? I don't think they had it very long, and the mileage was something like 12, so it couldn't have been a demo or anything like that.

TEG said:
When I picked up my Leaf a couple of weeks ago I noticed the following:
#1: No plastic on any of the seats, and a noticeable stain on the rear seats.
#2: The "Monroney sticker" had already been removed from the window.
#3: No other labels or stickers of any kind on any of the windows.
#4: The front bumper plate holder holes had been drilled even though I has requested they not be long before.

When I looked around at other cars ready for customer pickup none of them had front bumper plate holes, and they all still had their Monroney sticker on the window.

I am curious what happened. Had they used my car as a showroom demo for a while? I don't think they had it very long, and the mileage was something like 12, so it couldn't have been a demo or anything like that.

Maybe a lot boy borrowed it for a date? :shock: :oops: ;)

Sorry couldn't resist...

Probably was prepared for another buyer and orphaned, then re-routed to you so that you would not need to wait for new-production deliveries from Japan.

You could probably have rejected it and waited, but ... if the only real problem was the mounting of the front plate ... it was waiting for a happy owner, apparently YOU.

It is/was the VIN that had been in my Carwings for a long time, so I don't think I got a redirected orphan.

When I picked it up, someone at the dealership made a 'joke' about how they were thinking of taking it for themselves since they liked the color. Maybe there was some truth in that, but then they decided to 'let me have it' after all.

TEG said:
It is/was the VIN that had been in my Carwings for a long time, so I don't think I got a redirected orphan.

When I picked it up, someone at the dealership made a 'joke' about how they were thinking of taking it for themselves since they liked the color. Maybe there was some truth in that, but then they decided to 'let me have it' after all.

Which dealer?

I would rather not get someone in hot water over this. Just seeing if anyone else had the same experience.
I felt like someone unwrapped my birthday present for me.

The stain sounds like the only concerning thing. I'd bring it back and ask them to remove the stain, which shouldn't be a problem.

I had them mount the front plate anyway, since I don't need a fix-it ticket on this car. So cover those holes with a frame. :)

TEG said:

Some people just get spiteful and vindictive when issued "special instructions". You'd think that for $30K+ you'd be justified in getting things just-so. There is someone at the dealership who thinks otherwise.

GroundLoop said:
The stain sounds like the only concerning thing.

Sounds like somebody might have been out joy riding in your car before they delivered it to you. I know we shouldn't jump to conclusions... we don't know that her name was Joy. :lol:

When I had the firmware updated last month they put about 10 miles on the car (test driving after the update I assume), and managed to dirty the seat (easy enough, given the silly light cloth). When I originally bought the car it had 4 miles on it.

So my guess: your firmware was updated.

Nubo said:
Some people just get spiteful and vindictive when issued "special instructions"...

f1068-B.jpg

ghostbusters_venkman_slimed.jpg

Back