Anyone Purchased Extra Fob(s) Yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

I'd like to get a couple extra keyless remotes . . . but so far, I haven't found a source other than the dealer's high priced one. I gota have a deal. Got any ideas?

hill said:
I'd like to get a couple extra keyless remotes . . . but so far, I haven't found a source other than the dealer's high priced one. I gota have a deal. Got any ideas?
I'd search for replacements for other vehicles that have similar fobs, then write the company that sells them asking about the Leaf.

You might be able to shave a few bucks off the cost of new fobs via an Internet purchase, but there is apparently no way around taking all your fobs (both new and old) to the Nissan dealer for reprogramming.

During the car orientation, I think I was told one can only have 2 programmed fobs at one time. So if you bought a third one, the system would drop one of the first two. I would verify this with the dealership service department.

The service manual says four.

Adrian said:
During the car orientation, I think I was told one can only have 2 programmed fobs at one time. So if you bought a third one, the system would drop one of the first two. I would verify this with the dealership service department.

Back