Nissan Earth Day Email: Lame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewill

Nissan just sent out an email promoting their Leaf gear to "celebrate Earth Day". BUT...none of the merchandise is Earth Day specific, and there's no suggestion that purchases will benefit any environmental causes. Pretty lame just using the holiday for promotion without giving back.

At least you got an email!! Nothing here...

davewill said:
Nissan just sent out an email promoting their Leaf gear to "celebrate Earth Day". BUT...none of the merchandise is Earth Day specific, and there's no suggestion that purchases will benefit any environmental causes. Pretty lame just using the holiday for promotion without giving back.

davewill said:
Right with you - never mind that consumption in general tends to not be Earth friendly...

Let's be careful out there. A lot of people have not received this email and there was a major email address theft on Friday.

"Possible e-mail theft from Epsilon slams banks, retailers"
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2011-04-04-e-mail-theft-phishing.htm?loc=interstitialskip

This message does not come directly from Nissan but rather from a marketing company that sells branded goods.

The sending email address is:
[email protected]

message path:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.204.141.11 with SMTP id k11cs75992bku;
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.90.16.37 with SMTP id 37mr7348761agp.203.1301933000844;
Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail3.ecompanystoremail.com ([208.29.51.113])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id c26si13328800anc.37.2011.04.04.09.03.20;
Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 208.29.51.113 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=208.29.51.113;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 208.29.51.113 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
thread-index: Acvy4Yd/LO7BuvyNSYyJwsXNcP5Hxw==
Thread-Topic: Support Earth Day Nissan LEAF Branded Merchandise
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Support Earth Day Nissan LEAF Branded Merchandise
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:01:16 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0F23_01CBF2C0.006D8050"
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.4133
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Their theory being that some significant proportion of the LEAF buyers don't already own reusable drink containers, or want bamboo USB drives that are hardly visible when in use in the car?

I'm waiting for them to sell the "I Wake Up Fully Charged" shirts that were sent out gratis a few months back to keep those on-hold excited/interested in fulfilling their ~September orders. The wife wants her own... :lol:

As someone in branding/marketing, I can tell you that this email is completely offensive! LOL. No Nissan logo... nothing even Nissan branding specific... just a Helvetica typeface with the words Nissan LEAF. :roll:

Well, far as I know the Nissan motors won’t delay in sending their email notification in their customer. If that happen I think some customer of them will mad or angry. But you can get some reminder to them by sending their some follow up email for them.

i ordered the EXACT same items from link at Nissan Owners Page, so yeah, it might be a 3rd Party company doing it but they do have Nissan's blessing.

like surprise surprise?? i would rather Nissan concentrate on making cars and leave the promo widgets to someone else!

Back