Took delivery last week in Phoenix

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyellen

I was pleasantly suprised last week when Jim @ ABC Nissan called with some weird news...they had taken delivery of a new Glacier Pearl Leaf that matched my configuration ...but it wasn't mine...it was for a buyer who had cancellled. I jumped at the chance but we had to sramble to get the ETEC charger installed. Unfortunately I haven't driver her much since I had to go out of town, but I can't wait to get home and drive. I am still having some issues getting the blink to stay connected to my home wireless and don't get me started about the conversation with the insurance company...but otherwise I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to connecting with other Phoenix Leafers.

Congrats and welcome to the family.

Does ABS have public access charging? Want to mark them as verified available if so.

We don't have too many verified public charge points listed around you. Lots of Nissan dealers but only Avondale as confirmed with charging. As you start using the vehicle and finding stations, drop a note to "reports at ev-nation.org" or post a use report on electric.carstations.com.

Have fun.

These have all been verified.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&safe=on&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218079117614166715880.00049aeefb8b1a9407bb4&ll=33.431441,-111.938324&spn=1.287017,2.772675&z=10

cyellen said:
I was pleasantly suprised last week when Jim @ ABC Nissan called with some weird news...they had taken delivery of a new Glacier Pearl Leaf that matched my configuration ...but it wasn't mine...it was for a buyer who had cancellled.
Very nice of your dealer to bump you up the list! Not all of them would do that - some would try to get a premium for those orphaned vehicles...

drees said:
cyellen said:
I was pleasantly suprised last week when Jim @ ABC Nissan called with some weird news...they had taken delivery of a new Glacier Pearl Leaf that matched my configuration ...but it wasn't mine...it was for a buyer who had cancellled.
Very nice of your dealer to bump you up the list! Not all of them would do that - some would try to get a premium for those orphaned vehicles...

+1: Looks like a big KUDO to ABC Nissan in PHX. :)

drees said:
Some would try to get a premium for those orphaned vehicles...
Without knowing the rest of the timing, couldn't the dealer still have an orphan on their hands that they can do what they want with? I seem to recall someone stating that if a purchaser cancels their order within 30 days of expected delivery that the dealer gets it as an orphan.

So here's what could be happening:
  • Car 1 is not purchased by unknown user
  • Car 1 matches Cyellen's car, so dealer does a nice thing (I agree that this is a nice thing, no arguments here) and sells it to Cyellen instead of "orphaning" it
  • Car 2 (Cyellen's actual car order) arrives in the next month
  • Car 2 gets "orphaned" since Cyellen already bought a car, and dealer can now do whatever they want with it.

I hope this doesn't sound too negative - we don't have enough info to really know what is happening either way. I'm just saying that at the end of this there could still be a 'premiumed orphan' involved.

Oh, and BTW - congrats CYellen - this rocks. Surprises like this are awesome.

*Edit - Added my congrats to further emphasize there are no sour grapes on my end, just talkin' here, really!

I reserved in December sometime...after a bit of fussing over the lease payment (zoiks!). The dealer wasn't too worried about my orphan...since he was still unsure when mine was due to deliver he was hoping that they'd still send it - he said he has a long list of people who want one!

turbo2ltr said:
These have all been verified.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&safe=on&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218079117614166715880.00049aeefb8b1a9407bb4&ll=33.431441,-111.938324&spn=1.287017,2.772675&z=10

Except for Bookman's they are all Nissan dealers. Disappointment given how much time ECOTality has had.

cyellen said:
I was pleasantly suprised last week when Jim @ ABC Nissan called with some weird news...they had taken delivery of a new Glacier Pearl Leaf that matched my configuration ...but it wasn't mine...it was for a buyer who had cancellled. I jumped at the chance but we had to sramble to get the ETEC charger installed. Unfortunately I haven't driver her much since I had to go out of town, but I can't wait to get home and drive. I am still having some issues getting the blink to stay connected to my home wireless and don't get me started about the conversation with the insurance company...but otherwise I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to connecting with other Phoenix Leafers.

You are really luck or smart or both. Given what's going on in Japan there could be a huge delay. We got ours Thursday night and was told (who knows) that it was on the last boat out of Japan before the earthquake hit.

P.S. Love the car by the way. And Pinnacle Nissan did a great job.

AZMerf said:
was told (who knows) that it was on the last boat out of Japan before the earthquake hit.
All 600 cars on the "last boat" out of Japan are still in port in Long Beach.

drees said:
AZMerf said:
was told (who knows) that it was on the last boat out of Japan before the earthquake hit.
All 600 cars on the "last boat" out of Japan are still in port in Long Beach.

Interesting. We ordered ours the exact same day last April, April 20, 2010.

AZMerf said:
Interesting. We ordered ours the exact same day last April, April 20, 2010.
Thousands of people reserved (not ordered) their Leaf on 4/20/10. In the roll-out markets, there is a very large spread in delivery dates for those who have ordered on the 20th ranging from Dec '10 at the earliest to May. An unfortunate few lost their estimated dates. Getting OT for the Phoenix thread, though. Make sure you read the AC "overcharged" thread if you haven't already as the issue likely affects your car.

Enjoy your Leaf!

My Leaf is currently at the dealer ...fixing the AC issue. Can 't wait to get her back. I'll say...ABC Nissan has been great.

Back