5000 Miles...Oil Change Light Did Not Come On!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyguy

Just hit 5000 miles yesterday morning! All 5000 have been great. My electricity use at home has not gone up much (have solar), and my electricity bill at my job has gone up about about $10 a month (I own the business and trickle charge each day back up to 80 or 90%)
Nice not to have to think about any maintenance at this point! I was ranking #1 on regen on Carwings for January and February, but have been out regened by the Japanese this month.
Fun to watch and keep track of. Carwings states that my total electricty bill for January was $22.00. for February $28.10 and this month $25.42 (to date). Not too bad for 5000 miles! Have to remember that Carwings takes the actual electricity put into the Leaf and then subtracts regen to get the actual costs and being #1 or #2 in regen brought that cost down.
I am always happy to meet with anyone who has ordered or is considering ordering so you
can go for a drive and see the car up close, just PM me.
Happy Motoring!!
CIMG1451.jpg

hobbyguy said:
Just hit 5000 miles yesterday morning! All 5000 have been great. My electricity use at home has not gone up much (have solar), and my electricity bill at my job has gone up about about $10 a month (I own the business and trickle charge each day back up to 80 or 90%)
Nice not to have to think about any maintenance at this point! I was ranking #1 on regen on Carwings for January and February, but have been out regened by the Japanese this month.
Fun to watch and keep track of. Carwings states that my total electricty bill for January was $22.00. for February $28.10 and this month $25.42 (to date). Not too bad for 5000 miles! Have to remember that Carwings takes the actual electricity put into the Leaf and then subtracts regen to get the actual costs and being #1 or #2 in regen brought that cost down.
I am always happy to meet with anyone who has ordered or is considering ordering so you
can go for a drive and see the car up close, just PM me.
Happy Motoring!!
CIMG1451.jpg

Nice!! And I thought I was putting a lot of miles on MY car!!! I just topped 4000 miles yesterday. The first maintenance is tire rotation/brake check at 7500....I think they do a battery health check then too? I know one is required each calendar year.....

Nah, it's just reporting energy consumed by the car and subtracting the amount you put back by regen and figuring that must have come from the wall. Probably useful, but it wouldn't take into account EVSE/charger efficiency losses, etc...

hobbyguy said:
Don't know whether you are following threads on how wrong Carwings statistics is. So, don't go by what it says for now. Once Nissan fixes the issue, you can use those figures.

Back