webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Re: When does the 2020 model year hit the street. What’s new.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm

danrjones wrote:So January then?

How do they order a model that hasn't had prices and options announced?

No idea. If the price goes down we pay less. I doubt that will happen. We won't see it till late february or early march as we are out of the country for a bit.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

I assume that the SL Plus still has leather interior only, and the SV Plus has no Around View available?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webeleafowners

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I assume that the SL Plus still has leather interior only, and the SV Plus has no Around View available?

Yepir. We asked if there are any options available for the SL. Nope.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:45 am

No convertible option then....

I guess if you are ordering the top trim then options don't matter, but if I did it again I'd probably still go for an SV (i like the fabric in my hot area) with Tech and All weather packages.

Did they require a deposit?

Sounds like it will be pretty similar then if the option packages and trim levels are the same. I'd still think they would update something.

I have noticed near me a dealer starting to mark down their 2019's a bit - 4k off a SL plus model.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

webeleafowners

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am

danrjones wrote:No convertible option then....

I guess if you are ordering the top trim then options don't matter, but if I did it again I'd probably still go for an SV (i like the fabric in my hot area) with Tech and All weather packages.

Did they require a deposit?

Sounds like it will be pretty similar then if the option packages and trim levels are the same. I'd still think they would update something.

I have noticed near me a dealer starting to mark down their 2019's a bit - 4k off a SL plus model.

Yep. A grand but there was a double points option on the credit card so we put down 2 grand.

retrodog
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 am

powersurge wrote:
retrodog wrote:They'll remove the center console flare (knee torturing device), and add active cooling. If they don't do the second one, they will be seen as insincere in furthering their support for the whole EV advancement and industry.

They also need to make battery packs that retrofit into older cars, at a much more reasonable price.

So that is your wish list, not what "will" happen....

This is a speculation thread. That's what you get in a speculation thread.

I was basing my speculation on the items that are most complained about for the existing car. Their sales have taken a beating. They need to either drop the EV line or fix the primary problem/s. I have a tiny little bit of faith that they might do the second.
President and only member of the Machine Gun Toting Electric Scooter Riders club, Texas chapter.

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:36 am

retrodog wrote:... and add active cooling ...
But it will only be available in the Double Plus trim.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
75K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

jlsoaz
Delivery Date: 10 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 24218

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm

retrodog wrote:They'll remove the center console flare (knee torturing device), and add active cooling. If they don't do the second one, they will be seen as insincere in furthering their support for the whole EV advancement and industry.

They also need to make battery packs that retrofit into older cars, at a much more reasonable price.

I like this as a wish list, but I think it's probably a bad bet as a prediction.
Former lessee 2012 SL
http://www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries/leaf/vehicle.php?vid=229
2017-October: bght 2013 Volt
will buy 150+ mile BEV when they become less expensive on used market
opinions expressed are my own

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 pm

retrodog wrote:I was basing my speculation on the items that are most complained about for the existing car. Their sales have taken a beating. They need to either drop the EV line or fix the primary problem/s. I have a tiny little bit of faith that they might do the second.

Re: the bolded part, have they? Do you have some global sales figures for Leaf for 2019 YTD vs. previous years?

Sure, in the US, Model 3 is decimating everyone else in sales but there are plenty of EV markets outside the US besides Nissan having expanded into more markets.
jlsoaz wrote:I like this as a wish list, but I think it's probably a bad bet as a prediction.

+1

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

retrodog
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 am

cwerdna wrote:
retrodog wrote:I was basing my speculation on the items that are most complained about for the existing car. Their sales have taken a beating. They need to either drop the EV line or fix the primary problem/s. I have a tiny little bit of faith that they might do the second.

Re: the bolded part, have they? Do you have some global sales figures for Leaf for 2019 YTD vs. previous years?

Sure, in the US, Model 3 is decimating everyone else in sales but there are plenty of EV markets outside the US besides Nissan having expanded into more markets.
jlsoaz wrote:I like this as a wish list, but I think it's probably a bad bet as a prediction.

+1

My comments were based on that link in the other forum (TCF). Sorry for the confusion.
President and only member of the Machine Gun Toting Electric Scooter Riders club, Texas chapter.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”