My car is making a light chirping sound ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sondy132001

I have a 2012 Nissan Leaf with over 50,000 miles on it. So i have a couple of questions, first off this morning I got in my car and I heard a light chirping, maybe 3 little chirps, I did not hear it yesterday. No lights on my dash that were irregular. The chirping sound is chirping while my car is plugged in charging, when it's been unplugged and not started and also when the car is started and I am driving. It's ever so lightly making the sound. :shock:

Second, I trickle charge my car every night (into a plug in my garage), when I get in my car around 7am, I have roughly 34/(39 in eco) driving range ... that gets me to and from work, without charging.

Sometimes if I need to run an errand after work I will normal charge it at work (we have Chargepoint) and I'll get in my car after 3 hours of charging and I have 44/(49 in eco). Why is it getting more driving range at work that at night from my house ? I leave it on the trickle charger at home for 12 hours and when I get in my car it's done charging, but at work 3 hours and more driving range ?? And far as I know I do not have any timers on it.

Thanks

Sondra

The mileage estimate is derived from your last few minutes of driving and the remaining charge - nothing more. So when you arrive at work you are driving slower/gentler than you are as you arrive at home. It's that easy.

As for the chirping, I suggest you record it for YouTube. Have you used the Navigation system lately?

LeftieBiker said:
The mileage estimate is derived from your last few minutes of driving and the remaining charge - nothing more. So when you arrive at work you are driving slower/gentler than you are as you arrive at home. It's that easy.

As for the chirping, I suggest you record it for YouTube. Have you used the Navigation system lately?

The chirping stopped and I haven't used my navigation in over a month, I mostly use my mobile phone. Next time it chirps I will record it, thank you !

I don't understand what you mean about my charging.

GerryAZ said:
You say you trickle charge in your garage. Is that at 120 volts using the portable charging unit? If so, the L2 charging at work is over 3 times faster than L1 charging at home.

I understand it's faster, but why do I get higher driving range numbers, by about 10 than charging at my home ??

Sondy132001 said:
GerryAZ said:
You say you trickle charge in your garage. Is that at 120 volts using the portable charging unit? If so, the L2 charging at work is over 3 times faster than L1 charging at home.

I understand it's faster, but why do I get higher driving range numbers, by about 10 than charging at my home ??

I'm finding it hard to make this any more clear, but here goes: When you park the car, the range mileage estimate at that time is based on your last few minutes of driving prior to parking. This means that the mileage estimate will, essentially, be based on where you park it. Clearly you use less energy the last few minutes before parking at work than you do the last few minutes before parking at home. This isn't unusual, because energy used depends on a lot of factors, like terrain, speed, and wind direction, that will vary from one place to another.

Hi Sondy.

Did you get to the bottom of your chirping issue?

If you have a look at this issue that I posted this week, you should see some similarities, and you'll see a Dropbox link with recordings you can listed to. Does the MP3 (with amplified chirping sections) sound anything like yours?

Thanks.
Terry

Back