Just read that the Leaf E-Plus is available with a sun roof. Really??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is, hopefully it is a standalone option and not bundled with things people like me might actually want. The leaf doesn't have the headroom to spare unless you are short or you like to drive in a reclined position.

Think it was Cleantechnica. They were comparing the 3 to the Leaf E-Plus, price point by price point. Eg. basic to basic then the SV to the SR plus etc. They stated that all the 3’s had the glass roof but the optional sunroof on the SL was the old fashioned moon roof. I have never seen that optioned mentioned on a Nissan Leaf order sheet.

I’ll see if I can find it.

Honestly I would order it if it was available.

Found it. Green Report. Not Clean Technica. Here is the quote and link. You have to scroll down a bit.

“Nissan Leaf Plus SL

For $43,445, $4,000 more than the Leaf Plus SV, the Leaf Plus SL includes all the SV’s optional equipment, and adds leather upholstery, a moonroof, and a premium stereo that you can’t get in an SV.”

Link

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...-nissan-leaf-plus-what-you-get-for-your-money

What say yee leaf scholars. Will I be sticking my head out the roof going down last Vegas Boulevard. :).

Nissan Leaf Plus SL

For $43,445, $4,000 more than the Leaf Plus SV, the Leaf Plus SL includes all the SV’s optional equipment, and adds leather upholstery, a moonroof, and a premium stereo that you can’t get in an SV.

Why I don't like Web "journalism." Maybe there will be a moonroof option, but don't hold your breath.

LeftieBiker said:
Nissan Leaf Plus SL

For $43,445, $4,000 more than the Leaf Plus SV, the Leaf Plus SL includes all the SV’s optional equipment, and adds leather upholstery, a moonroof, and a premium stereo that you can’t get in an SV.

Why I don't like Web "journalism." Maybe there will be a moonroof option, but don't hold your breath.

Awww craaap. There goes my Vegas dream. :roll:

Maybe they will include a moon roof (the difference is power operation, BTW) to try to sell more crappy-seat SLs. Its just that when you see just one reference to something like that on the Web, it's usually wrong.

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe they will include a moon roof (the difference is power operation, BTW) to try to sell more crappy-seat SLs. Its just that when you see just one reference to something like that on the Web, it's usually wrong.

So moon roof is power or no power. I have visions of a moon roof kind of being a bubble kinda thing. Not something I would want. But an actual power sun roof might be kinda nice. I guess there is always aftermarket.

Sun roofs are manually operated. Moon roofs were introduced as a luxury version, with power operation. I've had both, and moon roofs are far better - when they work properly. But you have to worry about water leaks and wind noise with both types.

Huh. I always thought that a "moon roof" meant that the roof didn't truly open, the back of it just tilted up a an inch or two to allow for ventilation.

Edit: Reading online, the term moon roof seems to mainly mean it has tinted glass rather than simply being opaque or wide open. Whether it opens or not or how it opens seems to be immaterial.

Every moon roof I've had would open to several positions, with slightly open vertically at the back being just one of them. I've seen the term "tinted moon roof" so I assumed that not all of them are. Maybe a "moon roof" is a "tinted power sun roof"...

Well, to serve my purpose it will have to be big enough so that I can stand on the passengers seat, stick my body out the top (while Angela drives of course) and I can take my top off while going down Las Vegas Boulevard. Woohoo.

Just saying.

Back