Onboard charger size for Nissan Leaf E-plus.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but when I spoke to the rep from Japan at CES, he confirmed it was unchanged at 6.6 kW.

Post at http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=545725#p545725.

cwerdna said:
No, but when I spoke to the rep from Japan at CES, he confirmed it was unchanged at 6.6 kW.

Post at http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=545725#p545725.

K. That’s fine. Was hoping to actually get a little more use out of the Juicebox but 6.6 is fine.

We had originally planned on replacing Angela’s smart ED with a Tesla Model 3 but Tesla seems to have given up on making a Chademo or CCS adapter for the model 3. The Supercharger network is great but in this province the existing and future CCS/Chademo is much more extensive. Having a model 3 that is limited to a proprietary Tesla network would limit us to a narrow strip of Trans Canada highway from Victoria to Calgary. We like to Travel in the kootenays which is not served at all by Tesla but is well served by CCS/Chademo. E-plus Leaf is our second choice but a better one for our situation. And our existing Leaf (which we’ll keep) has been bulletproof.

Nissan was talking about the e+ rapid charger package doing up to something like 11kw or more on L2.
But it looks like the e+ cars people are ordering now still all charge at 6.6kw.
There's always next year right?

My little sectec home chademo only does about 7.2kw I think that's great so not having to pay over a thousand dollars to get 6.6kw should be fine.

Oilpan4 said:
Nissan was talking about the e+ rapid charger package doing up to something like 11kw or more on L2.
Source? I've never heard of Nissan being the one talking about this...

There were numerous rumors about the 60 kWh Leaf via a website (PushEVs) that I'd never heard of and that I found questionable... and many people decided to echo their claims as fact. A bunch of their rumors (so far) didn't move beyond rumor.

Back