EVSE Fault light solid

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigawatt

When I plug in the charging cable the car starts to charge and then stops after a few seconds with the fault light going a solid color red. I believe I have the upgraded OEM Nissan evse as I am using 220 V. If I physically unplug the evse and plug it back in again I am able to charge successfully. Is this some type of ground fault, Is the charger on its way out. Never had this problem before. Doesn’t seem to do it all the time.

So it seems that “somebody” was plugging in the receptacle to the front of the car and then pressing the charge timer button! I think this is what triggered the fault - interesting?

Well I failed to add that it works perfectly now. I guess plugging it in before one turns off the charge timer confuses the unit.

Gigawatt said:
Well I failed to add that it works perfectly now. I guess plugging it in before one turns off the charge timer confuses the unit.

I have forgotten to override the charge timer before plugging in my Clipper Creek EVSE at my workshop/garage a few times and just press the override button to start charging. I have never had an issue.

Mine just turns off with the charge timer.
But I have 2011 Panasonic granny charger modified to run on 240v power, not a newer one.

My EVSE remains solid red. Not even plugged into the car. Tried resetting it, power off/on, and still. Its a Blink HQ. No place to secure the neutral wire, so doubled it up with the ground. Also, its in a 30 amp circuit breaker, but installation guide says needs to be on a 40 amp. Is that why i have the fault light?

Back