Battery charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

What is the lowest you have taken your battery to before re-charging?
I got down to a scary 9%, and the warning lights came on.

The other point I wanted to make is: When I charge the car to 100%, fully charged, I am noticing that the miles to battery empty are no where near 150. When I first bought the car, it was warmer weather, that might have something to do with it. Now I am seeing on the display something like 135-140 miles. Or perhaps that display uses some formula for driving habits. The Percentage is always 100% showing a full charge, but the distance to battery empty is not near 150. I thought that strange. (Battery shows all 12 bars), it should, its a 2018 model year car.

Folks have taken their cars to turtle or to completely dead.

This isn't a gen 2, but Edmunds took their '11 Leaf to dead.
https://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2011/long-term-road-test/2011-nissan-leaf-driving-it-to-the-bitter-end.html

There was no % state of charge display prior to model year '13 Leaf, only the GOM and crappy 12 fuel bars on the right.

The lowest I've ever gone on a '13 Leaf was to ---% but I didn't have a "date" w/the turtle. % SoC display went from about 6% suddenly to ---%. :shock: This is before I had Leaf Spy. With Leaf Spy, you still have some visibility when you're down that low.

The GOM sucks. Ignore it.

This title is way too generic. The OP can change it in the first post and it will change in the topic list. How about "How Low Do You Let Your Pack Get?"

The lowest I have had my leaf since I got it was 18%.
That's only because I built my own charging infrastructure in the next town over or else I would have killed it by now.

Hey,

We drove our 2013 as low as it turned off and we had to push it.... 3 or 4 times in a year and a half :mrgreen:
Our 2018 went as low as 4%, a guy said it went to 0% without turtle mode so we had a good margin :D

Back