Replacing 12 Volt Battery in my 2014 Leaf DIY?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipsmith

After having some problems starting, you guys agreed that it was the 12-volt batter. I wen to Autozone and a guy tested it. He said the battery was working at about 60%. They sold batteries that were compatible, but they would not install it. They said it was tricky and complicated and wouldn't do it . Why can't i just pull the old battery out and replace it ? What's the scary part ?

No scary part i have disconnected ours many times and never had an issue, well except everything resetting on the car, like radio stations, ice alert, startup chimes, but the car is fine.

BrockWI said:
No scary part i have disconnected ours many times and never had an issue, well except everything resetting on the car, like radio stations, ice alert, startup chimes, but the car is fine.
+1 replacing the 12v is basically like replacing the 12v battery in an ICE vehicle. Note to not lose my settings the second Leaf I replaced the battery on I hooked up a small gel-cell 12v battery to the battery terminals so even when I unhooked the main 12v battery I still had 12v to the vehicle, nice to hot have to reset my preferences but other than that you could just disconnect the battery and just reprogram basic preferences :)

Back