Anyone buy a used Leaf along with an extended warranty?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugzlife

Hi everyone

Just joined the Leaf community! Went from a 2008 Mini Cooper to a 2011 Leaf for my 12 mile round trip commute in Oakland, Ca. Love it so far.

My question is whether anyone else bought a used Leaf coupled with a dealer extended bumper-to-bumper warranty. If so, any experience using the warranty for the battery for replacement?

Thanks and looking forward to reading and sharing.

Battery range warranty is separate from everything else and has expired for your car. Battery 'defects' may still be covered but that would probably just entail replacing any bad modules if one died completely.

In short, you do not have any warranty on the battery capacity going forward.

The only extended warranty worth having is the Nissan Gold Preferred (IIRC) and it's pretty pricey. It doesn't cover battery capacity either, but it does cover pretty much everything else you'd expect a warranty to cover.

Hugzlife said:
Hi everyone

Just joined the Leaf community! Went from a 2008 Mini Cooper to a 2011 Leaf for my 12 mile round trip commute in Oakland, Ca. Love it so far.

My question is whether anyone else bought a used Leaf coupled with a dealer extended bumper-to-bumper warranty. If so, any experience using the warranty for the battery for replacement?

Thanks and looking forward to reading and sharing.

Welcome Hugzlife!!! Have fun!!!

Back