Plastic mounting bracket

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach81

As my electrician is completing the installation of my outlet, I see a plastic bracket in the diagrams but I did not see it in the bag with the charger, where can I find this bracket?

Not sure what you are referring to, in the black bag that came with my car was the thick cable with a rectangular brick, I will call it. Also in the glove box of the car was the metal bracket and screws to hold the charging brick. It also came with a 120v adapter.

Sorry leftie.. in my defense I did try the search engine for much of these.. and could not locate them. But I will try harder. Thanks.

The search engine on this site is terrible.

I always use the keywords I want to search for using Google, then append this to limit the search to these forums:

Code:
site:mynissanleaf.com

rcrw88 said:
Just out of curiosity, what did the electrican charge for installing your charger? My cable run is 60'

He had to change my panel, and then run the 6 gauge wire, then install my plug.. $1500.00

Coach had some extra work done. I mounted the cable next to my panel in the garage, so the amount of #6 wire was about 2 feet.
With parts (#6 wire, 14-50 receptacle and cover, 50 amp breaker, other incidental parts) and labor, about $350 including tax. This included mounting on the wall the EVSE from Nissan. I thought that was a very fair deal.

Baltneu said:
Coach had some extra work done. I mounted the cable next to my panel in the garage, so the amount of #6 wire was about 2 feet.
With parts (#6 wire, 14-50 receptacle and cover, 50 amp breaker, other incidental parts) and labor, about $350 including tax. This included mounting on the wall the EVSE from Nissan. I thought that was a very fair deal.
That's what I'm thinking. I know I don't need a new panel, I was quoted at 1k for what's essentially a stove plug hookup.

rcrw88 said:
Baltneu said:
That's what I'm thinking. I know I don't need a new panel, I was quoted at 1k for what's essentially a stove plug hookup.

That is a ripoff.
When I was pricing these things, they came in all over the map.
Finally found an electrician who told me he has done many of them in my county, and understood what I wanted. Told him about my panel and the details of the wire, plug and breaker. He also supplied the box the receptacle goes in and other incidentals.
It is going to be an hourly time job plus parts. The parts are inexpensive, its the labor. My guy was here less than 2 hours and still he had some down time. It will also depend how far you want the receptacle from the panel, but the material is cheap, but will cost more in labor.
Good luck.

Back