2019 Owners- charge question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach81

So now that you can plug the Leaf directly into a 240V outlet, can I still delay charging to later at night?

Yes.
If you go through your screens on the display it steps you through how to delay time charge. I assume you want to do this because off peak electric hours are cheaper than peak times.
Also, Nissan puts out a video on this, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR80TENMJ30

Next question, with the ability to now charge directly from a 240v wall outlet, is there a need for a charge port anymore?

coach81 said:
Next question, with the ability to now charge directly from a 240v wall outlet, is there a need for a charge port anymore?
If the charge cord that comes with the car is the 240v model, there is likely little need to a separate, dedicated EVSE. The only reasons would be for convenience such as having the cord in the car at all times without having to pack it before driving, or if the wattage on the Nissan 240v cord happens to be restricted to lower than the 6600 watts that the car can draw. If restricted it’s likely to deliver roughly 2/3 the current of what the car can accept, thus charge slightly slower.

Also mote that Nissan has 2 cords for the ‘18’s, S and SV’s without tech pkg get the 120v. model, SL’s and SV’s with tech pkg get 240v. When I test drove, the SV didn’t have the 240v. so couldn’t check the wattage.

Back