EV Connect finally working!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I had another thread on this, my 2018 Leaf SL.
The Nissan EV Connect application would not communicate to my car.
They swopped out the TCU board and the dealer worked with tech support to finally fix the problem. Not sure what fixed it, but so happy it works.

Here is my question to the forum: I enrolled in a program with FleetCarma.(ConEd is my utility company). They deliver to you a box which plugs into the OBD port.
It communicates many details and gives you a report. But the best part is you get "reward points" which can be redeemed for over 30 credit cards such as Amazon, Best Buy, Applebees, etc. When I delivered the car for service at the dealer, I removed the FleetCarma device because the dealer needed the OBD port for their diagnostics.

I understand the nice benefits of this FleetCarma box, but I am wondering if it is conflict with the Leaf communications. I do not want to land back at the dealer for the same problem. Does anyone have experience with this FleetCarma box or any opinions on the use of it?

Thank you.

AS an update, the EV Connect has been working for a few days now so I think it is all corrected.
I did plug back in the FleetCarma box to the OBD II port and it is not causing any conflict with the EV Connect commands.

The FleetCarma program tracks many things, but what I like the best are the rewards, for charging at off peak times you get points redeemable to gift cards at popular sites and places, plus a small amount of money each month off your ConEd bill. So far I have gotten over $200 in free Amazon gift cards.

Took me a little while to get my EV connect up and running between computer and it syncing on the phone.. but now seems to be up and running just fine..

Coach, enjoy your new toy, you might want to think about charging in the future during "off peak" times. I am sure that all utility companies have this. I have ConEd and from 12 midnight to 8am is considered off peak and they say a fraction of the cost of "peak time".

Baltneu said:
...think about charging in the future during "off peak" times. I am sure that all utility companies have this. I have ConEd and from 12 midnight to 8am is considered off peak and they say a fraction of the cost of "peak time".

Actually, not all utility companies do this. We have a city owned electric utility. Old fashioned meters (dumb meters) and 11 cents/kwh... all hours, all days. The city wanted to switch to smart meters a few years ago, the residents signed a bunch of petitions and protested. So we still have old fashioned dumb meters.

stjohnh said:
Baltneu said:
...think about charging in the future during "off peak" times. I am sure that all utility companies have this. I have ConEd and from 12 midnight to 8am is considered off peak and they say a fraction of the cost of "peak time".

Actually, not all utility companies do this. We have a city owned electric utility. Old fashioned meters (dumb meters) and 11 cents/kwh... all hours, all days. The city wanted to switch to smart meters a few years ago, the residents signed a bunch of petitions and protested. So we still have old fashioned dumb meters.
Baltneu said:
Coach, enjoy your new toy, you might want to think about charging in the future during "off peak" times. I am sure that all utility companies have this. I have ConEd and from 12 midnight to 8am is considered off peak and they say a fraction of the cost of "peak time".

I have sent two emails to my electric company about this.. no replys. But I do plan on taking advantage of off peak time recharging just in case, thanks.

I would call, can't see them being very responsive to emails.

At ConEd we also have a choice of Supply of gas and electric. Delivery has to come from ConEd but there are choices and cheaper choices where the supply comes from, not sure all area of the country do this.

I don't know how others feel about the EV Connect app on the phone, I wish it has the Tire Pressure monitoring system. I think that would be a good function to have.

Tried to call them.. I got the "hold for transfer" game for about 15 mins.. then they hung up on me.

Tire pressure would be amazing on the app...

Back