LEAF SV Deal in Colorado 11/2018: Under $17k

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/11/18/if-you-live-in-aurora-colorado-you-can-buy-a-new-nissan-leaf-this-month-for-16360/

Presumes purchase at Tynan's NIssan in Aurora, Colorado
$7,500 Federal Tax credit
$5,000 Colorado Tax credit
Xcel Utility Customer
TT&L extra

I know from prior conversations with the dealership that residency in Aurora is not required.

I had pretty much the same offer from Larry Miller the dealer kicks in 2K. I am still waffling a bit and don't know if I will be able to decide before the 3K Excel rebate goes away, of course it could be extended too. I just need to drive a leaf for a day so I can see how it will do driving to work at 75 MPH at times, how the AC works as well as the high beams at low speed, and the steering wheel position with no telescoping feature.
I was looking at the Honda Clarity PHEV but it seems to have some issues too, not the least is my wife feels the car is butt ugly.

first, what a deal I wish we had that here in NC. Seriously? Even if dealer adds on 1k in crap that is still good. An SV !

secondly, the clarity looks a lot better in person than in pictures, imo. if i had to have only one car for both local and travel, i think that would be great for now.

komondor5 said:
I had pretty much the same offer from Larry Miller the dealer kicks in 2K. I am still waffling a bit and don't know if I will be able to decide before the 3K Excel rebate goes away, of course it could be extended too. I just need to drive a leaf for a day so I can see how it will do driving to work at 75 MPH at times, how the AC works as well as the high beams at low speed, and the steering wheel position with no telescoping feature.
I was looking at the Honda Clarity PHEV but it seems to have some issues too, not the least is my wife feels the car is butt ugly.

In my 2017 S Leaf the AC is awesome, I assume the 2018 is equal. 75mph is no problem for the car but it takes a lot more energy to move any car at that speed vs 55 -65mph so it will eat into the range a bit. The headlights on my 2017 S are mediocre. I don't know if the SV has LED's but they are supposed to be much better than the standard halogen. Once again, not sure how the 2018 compares. If you care about audio, the standard radio in my 2017 S is pretty bad. Check that on your test drive if you care about sound quality.

If you can’t take advantage of the federal tax rebate, Nissan offered $9500 off an SV in CO, plus $2500 state rebate on top of what discount you negotiate with the dealership. This is for a lease. Your total cost would be about the same.

The headlights on my 2017 S are mediocre. I don't know if the SV has LED's but they are supposed to be much better than the standard halogen. Once again, not sure how the 2018 compares.

The 2018 headlights are much better than the Gen I Leaf lights.

Asalvo said:
If you can’t take advantage of the federal tax rebate, Nissan offered $9500 off an SV in CO, plus $2500 state rebate on top of what discount you negotiate with the dealership. This is for a lease. Your total cost would be about the same.
There's no such thing as a "federal tax rebate" for EVs. There's a Federal tax credit which goes to the owner. When leasing, the lessee isn't the owner. The owner is the automaker/its leasing arm.

cwerdna said:
Asalvo said:
There's no such thing as a "federal tax rebate" for EVs. There's a Federal tax credit which goes to the owner. When leasing, the lessee isn't the owner. The owner is the automaker/its leasing arm.

Excuse me. Wrong word. Federal tax credit.
Nissan keeps the credit and passes it along to the lease purchaser via a rebate. Which can vary from dealer to dealer.

I was tempted by this but I don't think I need anything more than the 2017 S I have. A quick peek at the local CL shows a lot more used Leaf's than I normally see so this may have tempted a bunch of folks to update their ride. Or maybe they all bought Tesla's. In any case, if you're looking for a used Leaf they are out there and prices seem to have dropped since the summer.

goldbrick said:
I was tempted by this but I don't think I need anything more than the 2017 S I have. A quick peek at the local CL shows a lot more used Leaf's than I normally see so this may have tempted a bunch of folks to update their ride. Or maybe they all bought Tesla's. In any case, if you're looking for a used Leaf they are out there and prices seem to have dropped since the summer.
Or they think the battery is degrading rapidly.

Back