Am I just an idiot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

Or has anyone else whacked their head on the edge of the cargo cover reaching into the trunk?

I've done it several times and it's not fun.

That's my #1 gripe with sedans - on several occasions I've hit my head against the trunk lid while reaching in, and guess what, it hurts!

But I would have thought hatchbacks were immune to the problem...

I'm hitting not the hatch, but the cargo cover on the strings. It seems like when the trunk is open that cover is right in line with your forehead when you try to reach into the rather deep trunk. I'm thinking adding the cargo organizer may help.

turbo2ltr said:
Or has anyone else whacked their head on the edge of the cargo cover reaching into the trunk?

Try removing those dark goggles. It will help you see better ;)

Yeah, I was thinking I was going to find the cover annoying from the start so I removed it, bagged/sealed it up, and stored it in a spare closet in the house. With my dark tint you cannot see what is back there to start with so that cover is just in the way of larger things.

What's the problem boys, you youngsters have hair up there to warn you of an approaching object. Us "domers" just whack it and bleed. :lol:

garygid said:
If you were the height of an average North Korean,
you would not be so likely to hit your head?
But the dear leader would lose his hat - the kind of hat that only he (and recently his son) can wear.

turbo2ltr said:

When I read this thread 2 months ago I thought, wow how could you hit your head on that. On my first day with the Leaf and the very first time I tried to set something in the bottom of the rear cargo compartment, I brushed my head against the cargo cover. I definitely did not whack my head, but I did brush it and it caught me off guard as I did not expect to hit anything. My first thought 'I can't believe I just did that'.

I guess there are now 2 idiots on this forum.
dumb_and_dumber_8_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

that cargo cover did not last one minute after i got my Leaf home. it is now sitting right next to the cargo cover from my Prius in the garage.

i find it nothing but temptation to pile stuff on top of it so as to block my already limited rear view

Back