2018 Leaf Cabin Filter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I am not ready for this, I just got my car, LOL.......but I was just thinking ahead.
I saw a few youtube videos, they were on older models.
The deal was to remove the glove box or squeeze in from the glove box compartment.
I took a look at my glove box, and on the left side as I look at it, there appears to be a pretty big door that is hinged that can be easily removed.
If that is the case, seems like the cabin air filter will be easier to install than in previous models..
Has anyone looked at this?

Hi sounds same as other Nissans. I also have a 2018 Leaf, and 2008 Versa and 2014 Sentra. The Versa and Sentra are same for changing CAF.

It's a 10-minute job at worst cast, very easy to remove glovebox, unclip glovebox light connector (if equipped) and then get to the cover for the CAF, slide the old one out and put the new one in. Reverse the rest.

Yep, I opened the glove box today, and removed the door, but cannot get to filter or filter door. Looks like you have to dissamble the glove box as done with older models.

Baltneu said:
Yep, I opened the glove box today, and removed the door, but cannot get to filter or filter door. Looks like you have to dissamble the glove box as done with older models.

I'll have to look at mine sometime, I thought is was same as the other Nissans.

The "door" is to keep the filter inside the HVAC ducting so that the air will flow thru it, and not outside of it if the "door" was open. My 2 cents.

This video pretty much shows you how to do it. There is no need to disassemble the glove box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtl6x0cPBc

The video is for an older model, but I followed it and saw that everything is the same. It is still in a tight spot, and only accessible with one hand, unless you have small arms/hands. I guess you can always disassemble the glove box is you really need the extra room.

The cabin filter was on my mind when I first got the car, since it is the only filter I am aware of that needs changing.

It is academic now since I no longer own as Leaf but it is much easier to remove the glove box. The access hole is tiny.

I posted this thread a few months ago.
Has anyone done the cabin air filter on the 2018 model year?

Baltneu said:
Are you doing it yourself?

No, the car is due for the dealer's annual service, so I'll have the cabin filter and wheel swap done as well. I'm debating whether or not to report the Pro Pilot radar unit issue. The Fram filter tends to be harder to install, I understand, because it is kind of flimsy.

LeftieBiker said:
Baltneu said:
Are you doing it yourself?

No, the car is due for the dealer's annual service, so I'll have the cabin filter and wheel swap done as well. I'm debating whether or not to report the Pro Pilot radar unit issue. The Fram filter tends to be harder to install, I understand, because it is kind of flimsy.

I understand the annual service, but I thought you might do the filter yourself to save some money? Others report that with parts and labor you could be looking at $130+ just for the filter work.

The Fram "Fresh Breeze" filter is impregnated with activated charcoal, and really does make the cabin smell better - for about 4 months. It's thin and fragile, though.

I did some research late night, and the Fresh Breeze CF11177 cabin filter does fit the 2018 Leaf - no change in the filter. So any brand filter that fits the Gen I Leaf should fit the Gen II.

No way it's a 10 min job :lol: I had to get the Autozone guy to help me remove the glove box after I removed all the screws. Now I can't get the filter door off to save my life. It doesn't just pop off or unclip like in all the videos. Can't get a screwdriver or any other tool in that tight spot to wedge anywhere to loosen the clip or cover. I am also not clear it's the top or bottom of the cover that unclips. I can't believe I have to go to a mechanic to remove the stupid filter cover. I've changed cabin filters in Hyundais and Kias. Way easier!

Agree, not a 10 minute job.
I did it recently and I cannot remember if the clip was on the top or bottom, sorry.
Did use a small flat edge screw driver to pry it off.

Back