Wipers blades 2012 leaf - Michelin adaptors???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigawatt

I bought some Michelin wipers from Costco and I’m struggling to find the adapters they require as the blades on the 2012 leaf are offset from the main wiper arms. One is meant to call an 800 number and then they send you adapters. I think what they sent me is incorrect - anyone have the scoop on what I need exactly for Mitchell wiper blades for 2012 leave?.

I could go the OEM route at the dealer, any one have any luck with other blades.

Michelin? You mean Goodyear?

I can report that all 3 of the Honda parts for inserts only at http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21876&hilit=honda+part work fine on my '13 Leaf SV. I've never bothered w/buying wiper blades for my Leaf at Costco nor any 3rd party other than a Honda dealer for the front refills and a Honda dealer selling on Amazon for the rear refill.

I pointed to all sorts of fitment issues that various folks have had with 3rd party blades at http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=503861#p503861. Those are just a few.

Actually they are Mitchelin blades and seem quite well made but of course the Leaf’s blades are offset so they’ll never work properly without an offset adaptor. Thanks for the links and I’ll order some and go the insert route.

So I tried to remove the inserts on my current blades, they seem to be stuck in there somehow, 5hey do move back and forward a bit but are impossible to pull out and also the actual rubber inserts seem to be glued to the metal rods / spine that hold them in! Strange!

So I’ll probably have to go to the dealer and get the original ones or the value added ones that they sell that are slightly cheaper and hopefully these in future will be able to have the rubber inserts changed.

I have easily installed blades on the Leaf from any brand, as long as the length is close..

Your issue sounds like you just don't know the trick for your car on how to release the old blades...

go to a mechanic.... If you do not know how to do it, you need to pay.

Once you remove the old wiper, you need to remove the little adapter thingie that came installed in the wiper (called the "H adapter" by Goodyear/Michelin), install that first, then snap the wiper onto the adapter.

Ok, first to the person who said I don’t know how to remove the blades. Yes, this seem so but I went to the Nissan dealership and realized I have the “value” version of the wiper blades and like I noted the actual blades all glued onto the metal spine so they are not removable. I think you must have the original blades, you can also buy these from Nissan, that came with your car and these can have the rubber blade’s replaced.

But i’m looking at about $75 for the OEM non value blades, perhaps i can get them a little cheaper by ordering them on line but after that one can hopefully use the replacement blades from Honda

eatsleafsandshoots said:
Once you remove the old wiper, you need to remove the little adapter thingie that came installed in the wiper (called the "H adapter" by Goodyear/Michelin), install that first, then snap the wiper onto the adapter.

I went to the Nissan dealership today it actually looks like I have the value version that has the rubber blade glued onto the spine. Not only that the spline it’s self is somehow forest with me will not slide out.

So I actually don’t have that little H adapter thingy as these are all one unit.

OK for everyone wonder what the hell I am talking about, this is a link to a YouTube video that shows what I need (for Goodyear wiper blades) - I just need Michelin to send me Equivalent pot full day
Equivalent port for the wiper blades which they did-

But for those who are going to install good your blades in the future I hope that this willl be helpful for you in the future :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h51NVqhjgho&app=desktop

Back