2011 Leaf battery pack replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearman

Hi all.
I just replaced the battery pack in my 2011 Leaf. I am happy so far.
I will post my results from time to time.
My car had just past the eight years. The range dropped to less than 40 miles with 64,000. miles on the odometer.
The battery replacement cost $7425.56. The dealer offered to loan me a car for the 10 day duration of the repair.
So far I will charge the car for the 3rd time later today. I use a level two, 30 amp home charger, charging to recommended 80%.

Charged from the dealer with the same charge rate I use, had a range of 98 miles. I drove 77.3 miles with two bars left, & a range of 15 miles more. Miles driven were combination city, & country. The 2nd charge. Drove 22 miles city. Then I did a highway test. Drove another 50 miles at 55-60 mph. Total miles driven on 2nd charge. 73.5 miles, still had two bars left. With estimated range of 15 more miles. These miles driven, & charges are at 80%.
Dealer via Nissan engineers say trip meter can take up to 3-5 thousand miles to adjuster to driver before being accurate.
To double check. I use trip meter to confirm accuracy, & estimate range with battery usage meter.
I hope this helpful.
Barry

My car had just past the eight years. The range dropped to less than 40 miles with 64,000. miles on the odometer.

If you are implying that you just missed a warranty replacement pack, then regret not - you didn't. The 8 year warranty is for manufacturing defects only, not lost capacity.

Bearman said:
I just replaced the battery pack in my 2011 Leaf. I am happy so far.
I will post my results from time to time.
The battery replacement cost $7425.56. The dealer offered to loan me a car for the 10 day duration of the repair.
So far I will charge the car for the 3rd time later today. I use a level two, 30 amp home charger, charging to recommended 80%.

Charged from the dealer with the same charge rate I use, had a range of 98 miles. I drove 77.3 miles with two bars left, & a range of 15 miles more. Miles driven were combination city, & country. The 2nd charge. Drove 22 miles city. Then I did a highway test. Drove another 50 miles at 55-60 mph. Total miles driven on 2nd charge. 73.5 miles, still had two bars left. With estimated range of 15 more miles. These miles driven, & charges are at 80%.
Dealer via Nissan engineers say trip meter can take up to 3-5 thousand miles to adjuster to driver before being accurate.
Thank you for posting. I was most curious about the price. It seems impossible you'd have passed 8 years though. The first Leafs didn't ship until December 2010: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1052427_first-2011-nissan-leaf-delivery-to-northern-californian-buyer.

As for the values I bolded, pay no attention to the silly and stupid guess-o-meter. As for the last bolded part, if they're talking about the GOM, again, it's crap.

Since you have an '11, you have no % state of charge display. You should instead get Leaf Spy and a compatible OBD2 dongle to really see what's going on. You will have about 281 gids (or a bit more on a full charge). The value will fall as the battery depletes and rise as you charge it. This is what pre-'13 Leaf drivers used as a proxy for state of charge and is FAR more granular than the 12 stupid fuel bars and the wacky GOM. The max gid value on a 100% charge will decrease as the battery degrades.

Leftie is also correct in his comments.

Mods: Can you please merge with an existing thread like http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=14102?

Back