Used 2015 Nissan Leaf S | Leaf spy reading help

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amireh

Hello everyone,
I am planning to buy a used nissan leaf.
Found these two 2015 s and checked the first one with leaf spy, then bought the pro version to check the other one.
Are these readings good? Or might I be able to find a better vehicle?

Car number 1:

Car number 2:

Both are good, with the first being a bit better. Without knowing where you live we can't tell you how likely you are to find better batteries. If both exceed your range needs (they are good for roughly 70-75 miles in moderate driving with the heater off) then pick the one you like better.

LeftieBiker said:
Both are good, with the first being a bit better. Without knowing where you live we can't tell you how likely you are to find better batteries. If both exceed your range needs (they are good for roughly 70-75 miles in moderate driving with the heater off) then pick the one you like better.
GerryAZ said:
Where are you located, what are your daily driving needs, and how do you intend to charge?

I live in Jordan. Most of the cars here are imported from the US, mainly North Carolina and California. These two are from Carolina. The climate here is mostly hot and dry during summer and winter is short and not that cold.

I might be taking the second one since its 300$ cheaper. Though I am afraid of a BMS reset

I'd go for the one with a little more capacity in your climate. Will you be able to cool the car off at night? If not, you might want to reconsider getting a Leaf, even a 2015.

If your daily range needs are less than 50 miles and you have L2 charging at home, I would take car number 2 because it has lower miles and fewer quick charges. My experience (in climate similar to yours) is that quick charges and highway driving tend to increase LEAF Spy numbers. Unfortunately, the numbers tend to drop when charging and driving slower. Therefore, I fear you might see the LEAF Spy numbers drop a little with car number 1 because it has higher mileage and 8 times as many quick charges as car number 2.

If you need more than 50 miles per charge, you need to consider what you will do after a few years when battery degradation reduces your range.

^ I agree. All else being equal i would go for lower mileage. My used 2015 Leaf S (originally a Georgia car) at 34k miles has similar numbers but slightly less AHR and SOH, so your numbers seem plausible. See if you can park it in the shade.

I am in North Carolina. I am a little worried that my regional used leafs are being exported - that could raise the price of my next used car!

Cheers and good luck. Maybe you can report back in 6-12 months and tell us what happened.

Back