2105 SL... cannot set the clock?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacecoastbill

I had to remove the battery cable and when I did of course the clock was wrong.

I went to set it using the settings on the dash, and it only gives me an option of 12/24 hour.

Using the Navi screen, settings only gives me options for changing time zones, etc.

I tried calling Nissan, they said to take it to the dealer.

Is there really no way to set the clock without going to a dealer?

I have the 2015 SL and you actually have two clocks, one on the dash and one on the navigation. The one on the dash is set using the four buttons to the left of the steering wheel. P 2-11 in the manual.

The clock on the navigation screen is separate. NOTE:This clock is not synchronized with the clock displayed on the navigation system screen. The charging timer starts and stops charging base on the time displayed on the navigation system screen. See LEAF Navigation System Owner’s Manual.Instruments and controls 2-11.

The navigation clock is set by GPS and you only adjust the offsets, timezone, etc, as shown here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdlsS4jSo8

Hope that helps!

akajester said:
I have the 2015 SL and you actually have two clocks, one on the dash and one on the navigation. The one on the dash is set using the four buttons to the left of the steering wheel. P 2-11 in the manual.

The clock on the navigation screen is separate. NOTE:This clock is not synchronized with the clock displayed on the navigation system screen. The charging timer starts and stops charging base on the time displayed on the navigation system screen. See LEAF Navigation System Owner’s Manual.Instruments and controls 2-11.

The navigation clock is set by GPS and you only adjust the offsets, timezone, etc, as shown here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdlsS4jSo8

Hope that helps!

I cant set the one on the dash. Going through the buttons to set that time isnt working, the only option I get is for the 12/24 hour time option. No other way to set the time....

According to https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2015/2015-LEAF-quick-reference-guide.pdf, it seems to imply the two clocks might be synchronized (on the SL?) and thus there is no separate setting.

On page 2-11 it says this;
NOTE:This clock is not synchronized with the clock displayed on the navigation system screen.

On page 2-30 of the manual it says how to adjust the clock using the two buttons to the left of the steering wheel;

Settings
Settings cannot be accessed while driving. The message, “settings can only be accessed when stationary” is also displayed on the vehicle information display. The switch A and switch B are used in the settings mode. Push the switch B to scroll through the menus. Push the switch A to select a menu. Skip: Push the switch A to move to the warning check mode. Push the switch B to select other menus. Clock: The clock can be adjusted in this menu.• Back Select this sub menu to return to the top page of the settings mode.• Set Clock Adjust the time (hour and minute) of the clock. For models without navigation system, the day of the week can also be set to use it for the climate control timer setting. (See “Climate Ctrl. timer” in the “Display screen, heater, air conditioner, audio and phone systems” section.)• 24/12Hr (24 hours or 12 hours) Select either the 24-hour clock display or the 12-hour display.

Here's a video that shows how; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VU4QBfZ3NA

Spacecoastbill said:
akajester said:

The clock on the navigation screen is separate. NOTE:This clock is not synchronized with the clock displayed on the navigation system screen. ...
I cant set the one on the dash. Going through the buttons to set that time isnt working, the only option I get is for the 12/24 hour time option. No other way to set the time....
Spacecoastbill is correct. On my ’13 SV, the eyebrow clock and nav clock ARE synchronized (unlike on model years ’11 and ’12). On an SV and SL, model years 2013 to 2017, you CANNOT change the eyebrow clock from the dash other than the 12/24 settings.

Nav system clock should be auto-set via GPS since all the GPS satellites by definition contain atomic clocks. You'll need to specify the time zone and DST offset on the receiver.

I have pulled the stereo fuse before to workaround the TCU lockup and I've also disconnected the 12 volt for over an hour before that. The nav system clock should auto set itself if you expose it GPS signal for a bit.

cwerdna said:
Spacecoastbill said:
akajester said:

The clock on the navigation screen is separate. NOTE:This clock is not synchronized with the clock displayed on the navigation system screen. ...
Spacecoastbill is correct. On my ’13 SV, the eyebrow clock and nav clock ARE synchronized (unlike on model years ’11 and ’12). On an SV and SL, model years 2013 to 2017, you CANNOT change the eyebrow clock from the dash other than the 12/24 settings.

Nav system clock should be auto-set via GPS since all the GPS satellites by definition contain atomic clocks. You'll need to specify the time zone and DST offset on the receiver.

I have pulled the stereo fuse before to workaround the TCU lockup and I've also disconnected the 12 volt for over an hour before that. The nav system clock should auto set itself if you expose it GPS signal for a bit.

+1

I have a 2015 SL. The clocks are synchronized and set themselves from GPS. I had to set the eyebrow clock in the 2011 once in a while to keep it accurate even though the clock in the navigation system was set by GPS.

Back