End of Leaf Lease: Cheap/Easy Body Puncture & Dent Fix

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fetv

Nissan Leaf's bumper is not made of fiberglass. It is plastic. So I am going to weld the plastic crack. We will also show you methods you can use to restore the shape of the panel when you have a gradual bend and a hard bend.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNDx73Y4VM[/youtube]

It's clearly plastic one after I removed it, I know very well because I could see it and also weld it. For steel and aluminum, it is different way to repair.
Why do you think it is spam when someone posted something useful? I am still making the paint video, I have saved $700.
charge.jpg

I wished someone showed me this before I started this project.
Don't you want not to pay for the leased car without problem?

LeftieBiker said:
Depending on the year, a Leaf body is made of either steel, or steel and aluminum. The plastic pieces are mainly the bumpers. Mods, this may be spam.

Nissan Leaf's body is not made of fiberglass. It is plastic.

That was just incorrect. There are plenty of plastic bits and pieces on the Leaf and almost all other modern cars, but the "body" is still mostly steel. The Japanese-made Leafs have some aluminum body panels.

These are informative videos, although speaking for myself I am pretty sure they are not enough to actually do body work successfully.
I did learn how to remove the front bumper cover -- always a useful skill.

Thanks OP

Ok, I changed my description to say the bumper is made of plastic.
LeftieBiker said:
That was just incorrect. There are plenty of plastic bits and pieces on the Leaf and almost all other modern cars, but the "body" is still mostly steel. The Japanese-made Leafs have some aluminum body panels.

My goal was to eliminate the charges, save money, though not your definition of looking "successfully" beautiful :D
SageBrush said:
These are informative videos, although speaking for myself I am pretty sure they are not enough to actually do body work successfully.
I did learn how to remove the front bumper cover -- always a useful skill.

Thanks OP

Back