Kid proofing? Floor mats, seat covers, door sill protectors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigawatt

Need to kid proof my pristine 2012 Pearl baby that I bought off a bloke on this very forum some months ago ($5000 plus free shipping) :)

Looking to upgrade the existing carpet floor mats in my 2012 Leaf, basically need to kid proof the back of the car. I don't really need crazy winter mats that can hold a gallon of frozen snow or mud. Any thought on the generic mats that one simply cuts to shape, see some on amazon for about $30 and obviously looking for ones with low odor VOCs?

Also looking to put something on the backs of the seats - the little buggers love to rub there dirty shoes on the pristine white cloth seat backs!

Seat covers seem to be overly expensive for this vehicle so probably out of the question $200 + dollars ! Suggestions?

Also when they climb in the back of the car they stuff the shiny white paint on the door sills, are there any dealer rubber parts that can cover the sills like a small pieces of rubber. I was next to an identical leaf today and noticed a plastic protector piece on top on the rear bumper, looked like it came with the car.

Plan to keep this car for a long time so may even consider 3M front coating - anyone done that?

Look into the cheap recycled (plastic bottle) indoor/outdoor carpeting sold at big box stores. I used it to make mats to protect the OEM mats in my 2013, using the existing ones as templates. Low VOC, too, at least the grey stuff I used.

Got the weather guard mats from Costco- plus is they don’t stink / minus, rear mats too bloody narrow, the very place I need them to work the most. $29 not too bad. I may write to the company and complain.

Back