LEAF in Accident -Brentwood, TN 37027

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWO4Mann

Leaf Supporting Member
I just heard over my police monitor radio that a 3-car wreck occurred in a very busy intersection here in Brentwood. The police on scene reported that 3 vehicles were involved, all required towing and several people had injuries. One was a LEAF, no further info. Let's hope all are OK.

YOU Need to be careful, You have a right to listen to the traffic buy you have no right 7o report it,

GlennD said:
YOU Need to be careful, You have a right to listen to the traffic buy you have no right 7o report it,

Here you go, perhaps this will ease your concerns:

Copied from the FCC web site:

"What kinds of interception and divulgence of radio transmissions are legal?

The FCC and the Communications Act do not forbid certain types of interception and disclosure of radio communications, including:

Mere interception of radio communications, such as overhearing your neighbor’s conversation over a cordless telephone, or listening to emergency service reports on a radio scanner (although intercepting and/or recording telephone-related radio communications may be a violation of other federal or state laws).
Divulgence of certain radio communications that were transmitted for use by the public (such as over-the-air radio and television broadcasts).
Divulgence of broadcasts related to ships, aircraft, vehicles or persons in distress.
Divulgence of transmissions by amateur radio or citizen band radio operators.
What kinds of interception and divulgence are prohibited?

The Communications Act prohibits a person from using an intercepted radio communication for his or her own benefit. Examples of this include:

A taxicab company intercepting radio communications between dispatchers and drivers of a rival company to gain competitive advantages.
Unauthorized interception of signals from pay television services, such as cable or satellite.
A person selling or publishing a recording or contents of someone else’s wireless phone conversation.
What about equipment used to intercept radio communications?

The Communications Act prohibits the FCC from authorizing radio scanning equipment that:

Can receive transmissions in the frequencies allocated to domestic cellular services.
Can readily be altered by the user to intercept cellular communications.
May be modified to convert digital transmissions to analog voice audio.
It is illegal to manufacture, import, sell or lease such unauthorized equipment in the United States."

Many states also have laws that restrict scanners. I am retired as a Public Safety tech from Long Beach, CA.

California being California is full of restrictions. In LA County you can not have anything that scans. That technically leaves out Amateur radio since most rigs can scan. I had a modified radio with full city frequencies since I had permission to use them. I just did not have a MDC ID,

Back