Quick question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striket85

Hey guys. So I've had my 2012 leaf SL for just over a year now and had the battery replaced under warranty around Sept of 2017. Still at full capacity bars. My question is, unfortunately, how do I find out what the best price would be for a trade-in or private sale for my leaf? It's in immaculate condition, I'm the second owner, 31k miles. I'm going through some life changes that will make owning a pure EV impossible and am having to part with it in the near future. I can't find anything online about it, no websites ask me anything about the battery and I haven't approached a dealer. Browsing in my area, Orlando FL., I see similar leafs being sold for 9-10k.

Total speculation, I think an educated buyer would pay up to 20% more for a LEAF with a new battery pack. Unfortunately, finding an educated buyer will take time...

Otherwise, you might get an extra 10% from someone who is buying an EV for the first time and doesn't really understand the importance of the health of the battery pack.

I'd be surprised if you can get more than $8,500 for it.

alozzy said:
Total speculation, I think an educated buyer would pay up to 20% more for a LEAF with a new battery pack. Unfortunately, finding an educated buyer will take time...

Otherwise, you might get an extra 10% from someone who is buying an EV for the first time and doesn't really understand the importance of the health of the battery pack.

I'd be surprised if you can get more than $8,500 for it.

Ok. From what I'm seeing if I go with a trade-in, about $5800-6100 for it, which I know will be less than a private sale. I owe about $8100 and would be happy getting what I owe out of it. I'm going to reach out to a dealer and see what they would offer as well. I'm in no rush so time is on my side :)

Thank you for the response!

Back