Email from Nissan regarding GOM software update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottUrman

I got the following email today for our 2017 S (purchased in January, currently 4800 miles). Anybody know more about what this involves? Thanks.

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product safety, quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding a voluntary service campaign being conducted by Nissan to reprogram the 30 kWh Lithium-ion Battery Controller (LBC) on your Nissan LEAF vehicle.

REASON FOR SERVICE CAMPAIGN

The software used by the LBC miscalculates the driving range and the battery’s capacity level gauge, resulting in capacity and range being displayed lower than the actual amount. Nissan is releasing new software to customers to correct these parameters and provide an accurate representation of range and capacity.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To ensure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your Nissan dealer will reprogram the 30 kWh LBC with updated software to correct the calculation for the driving range and Lithium-ion battery capacity gauge indicators. This procedure will be performed at no cost to you for parts and labor. Additionally, this service should take less than one (1) hour to complete, but your Nissan dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon their work schedule.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Nissan encourages you to contact your LEAF certified Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange your appointment. To minimize any inconvenience to you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you to your service appointment. Detailed instructions have been sent to your Nissan dealer.

If you have additional questions you may contact the Nissan LEAF Call Center: Nissan North America, Inc., P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-877-NO-GAS-EV (1-877-664-2738): Option 4.

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to ensure ongoing satisfaction with your Nissan LEAF. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

start here and keep reading.

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=530079#p530079
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23606&start=1190#p530013

It is some sort of firmware update that is supposed to improve how the battery measures its charge level and capacity, etc,

Scaramanga said:
I just got this email this morning as well, didn't know my GOM was a problem?

I just purchased a used CPO LEAF 2017 from Nissan dealer... Should I expect this email soon too? Where can I confirm that I am officially registered with Nissan so they know my contact info? I have registered with Nissan's owner's portal recently.

Back