What does "Active Trace Control" do?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akat

My second gen LEAF SL has a "Chassis Control" section in the dash menu where you can turn on "Active Trace Control" and it shows a top view pic of the LEAF with 4 wheels. And the pic is absolutely static with no updates even when "Active Trace Control" is on. Is this accidentally carried over from a different model with "Active Trace Control" or does LEAF 2 sold in the US have ""Active Trace Control"? What is "Active Trace Control"?

From the owner's manual:

INTELLIGENT TRACE CONTROL (I-TC)
This system senses driving based on the driver’s steering and acceleration/braking patterns, and controls brake pressure at individual wheels to aid tracing at corners and help smooth vehicle response.
The I-TC can be set to on (enabled) or off (disabled) through the vehicle information display “Settings” page. For additional information, refer to “Vehicle information display” in the “Instruments and controls” section of this manual.
When the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) OFF switch is used to turn off the VDC system, the I-TC is also turned off.
When the I-TC is operated and the “Chassis Control” mode is selected in the vehicle in- formation display, the I-TC graphics are shown in the vehicle information display.

Nubo said:
From the owner's manual:

INTELLIGENT TRACE CONTROL (I-TC)
This system senses driving based on the driver’s steering and acceleration/braking patterns, and controls brake pressure at individual wheels to aid tracing at corners and help smooth vehicle response.
The I-TC can be set to on (enabled) or off (disabled) through the vehicle information display “Settings” page. For additional information, refer to “Vehicle information display” in the “Instruments and controls” section of this manual.
When the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) OFF switch is used to turn off the VDC system, the I-TC is also turned off.
When the I-TC is operated and the “Chassis Control” mode is selected in the vehicle in- formation display, the I-TC graphics are shown in the vehicle information display.

After posting the question, I saw this in Owner's Manual, but the display on the dash doesn't really change at all. Perhaps I am not cornering fast enough for this feature to engage. :)

Back