2018 Leaf Crash Test results

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newleafbuyer

I was wondering if anyone knew when the IIHS Crash Test results will be published for the 2018 Leaf? I was checking the old ratings and it seems like the Leafs had issues with the Small Overlap front tests (I know there are previous posts about this and the importance of this type of test). Hopefully the engineers considered this when redesigning the new Leaf as they didn't seem to address it in the multiple years since it was first discovered. The only item I could find online was:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-nissan-leaf-awarded-the-maximum-five-stars-in-japanese-crash-tests-123712.html

which shows good results (but no details) from a test conducted in Japan. It's a consideration for me as this would be a primary family car with 2 young kids.

The body structure on the '18 LEAF was redesigned to pass the small overlap test. When the IIHS tests are made available, the LEAF should get five stars. Rumor has it that part of the reason that the LEAF intro was delayed is because of the structure redesign.

Back